03.

Train.

After comforting my mate and holding him till he slept I placed a kiss on his forehead and made my way to the window. "Goodnight starfish." I mumbled before jumping out the window and landing without a sound.

Andie and I didn't talk in detail about what happened to his parents, I already knew what happened since I opened the linked and probed into his mind to see and hear what he did, it's one of my packs abilities which is weird and cool at the same time.

So in knowing what happened, I went to him because I couldn't stand watching them treating my mate like that, I wanted to go over there and strangle them, but I realized I needed to be rational about it like Linden always told me.

So I let Andie be his own person and defend himself rather than I jump in and save him, Emric always reminds me that we can't always be there for our mates so they needed to fight for themselves at times and I believed he was right.

I loved Andie so much and I would do anything for him but I knew I had to let him face his parents and their abusive ways on his own without my help or he wouldn't come out of his shelf to be himself, today was a step in the right direction for that growth and I was proud.

I waved at the wolves in the distance who were on night patrol, ever since the rogues who followed us here showed up I suggested it was best to have constant alert and patrol on any people who came within pack territory and the town itself, with the help of my nerdy brother in law who is pregnant the system has helped greatly.

I sighed with a smile happy to have my life in balance and soon I would have my little nephew or nephews according to Linden, in my arms, I stupidly can't wait for them to come and spoil them rotten.

Thinking about it made me want my own family but I was going to take it slow, I only messed up once with Andie when I didn't wear a condom thankfully he didn't get pregnant and Linden gave him a shot in secret lying that it was a vitamin,  to prevent pregnancy for a year which I appreciated because my wolf and I are sex crazed and my mate has the same appetite for it, weirdly enough.

As I walked further nearing home I began to think about what life could've been if I had met the father who plugged my mother and left, or the woman who didn't want me without even seeing me, I had made peace with it but they were thoughts that constantly came to mind when I thought about how blessed I was to have my mom and dad, along with Emric and Linden.

The wolves howled signaling the patrol change but when I sniffed the air I could barely make out Davey's scent and it made me angry. I pulled down my shorts and tore my tee-shirt off, with the small stretcher cable I always walked with, I tied the shorts to my leg and in one swift spin I shifted.

In a burst of speed, I was following the scent and the closer I got the stronger it got, I tracked the scent to the edge of the pack territory near Linden's old house but the scent moved past it due west, as the scent got stronger I caught the scent of blood in the air as well, I pushed harder and called for backup from the nearest patrol squad.

I could hear their heavy paws drumming on the forest floor as they came in my direction. "Surround them." I ordered and they did as told because as we got close I noticed Davey on the ground with a bleeding leg and three wolves.

"You thought you could run away huh, did you really think you could escape and leave him, you stupid weak little man." The wolf punched him so hard a tooth fell out of his mouth, I snickered in amazement and enjoyment of what they were doing, Davey needed more than just a punch though.

My squad was in position as was I. "Whose there?!" The man who had punched Davey yelled and I stepped out growling at the wolves who had come on our territory. "Fuck, they're probably going to kill us." I scoffed mentally knowing I wasn't going to do that but they were going into pack custody.