103. Ron's first game

Ron sat down next to me at the Gryffindor table. Hermione and Harry sat across the way as they looked at him. But Ron's mind was else where as today was his first quidditch match as the Keeper. The boy was practically shitting himself as he stared down at the eggs sat in front of him. But mind you, they were shaped as little goal posts. Not the best idea if I'm being honest.

"So, how was it then?" Ron looked up from his plate at us.

"How was what?" Hermione asked as her eyes danced from his face to the newspaper in front of her.

"Your dinner party," Ron specified.

"Pretty boring actually," Hermione told him with a small shoulder shrug. "Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert." I let out a little snort as Harry kicked my shin across the way. He coughed a bit to try and hind his blushed face as Hermione looked quite smug with how well she had teased him. "Slughorn's having a Christmas do, you know. And we're meant to bring someone."

"No!" I whined out as I pushed my porage around. "I don't want to go to another stupid party. And I got to find some poor sucker to bring me that neither my brothers nor my boyfriend will try to pummel to a pulp, great."

"You will be fine," Hermione shook her head at me with a little smile.

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen," Ron sated as Hermione narrowed her eyes at him. "He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?"

"Actually I was going to ask you," Hermione informed him before she went back to her paper.

"Really?" Ron looked a bit not here let say, because if his head was actually here, that news would have had a bigger impact on him. I looked across the table at Harry with wide eyes, but he just shrugged his shoulders at me.

I was about to open my mouth to say something when Lavender came behind me and Ron and tapped his shoulder, He looked back over at her as she smiled, "Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant."

"I'm resigning," Ron leaned into the table the second Lavender was out of sight. "After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot."

"Have it your way," Harry simply said as she pushed Ron's drink closer to him. "Juice?"

"Sure," Ron sighed as he brought it closer to himself.

"Hello everyone," I looked on the other side of Ron as Luna was now sitting there. And she had her giant Lions head on that she wore during the matches Ravenclaw wasn't playing in. "You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup?"

"What did you put in the cut?" I asked Harry. I caught a glimpse of the small vile as he put it in his pocket.

"Liquid luck," Hermione whispered. "Don't drink it, Ron."

"For once, I'm with Hermione on this," I said. "You shouldn't drink that mate."

Ron ignored our words as he downed his juice. Placing his cup down with a smile on his face.

"You could be expelled for that," Hermione scolded Harry.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Harry smiled at her.

"Come on, Harry," I will admit, Ron looked at a lot more confident as he stood up from his seat. "We've got a game to win."

Harry stood up as they walked away from the table, I looked back over at Hermione before I threw my hands up in the air. "He didn't even eat the breakfast I prepared for him!"

"Would you?" Hermione said looking sadly at my dish.

"It the tradition of it," I fake sniffled. "Fred and George and Harry and Ginny all ate my crap goal post eggs and bread before the first game of the year. I feel a little cheated out this year."