121. Books lead to evidence

The sun was starting to rise by the time Harry had walked us back to the little camp sight they had set up. And I was glad about that because all I was thinking about was going to bed. 

"Hermione?" Harry called out to her as we got closer to the tent. "Hermione?!"

"Is everything alright?" Hermione looked a bit worried when she saw Harry.

"No, my life will never be the same again," I told her. 

"Hope!" Hermione smiled as she ran towards me, giving me a great big hug. "I missed you!"

"Same, but if you hug me any tighter I might barf on you," I warned caused her to pull away fast.

She then proceeded to hit my arm, "Why didn't you call?!"

"Hermione, where is my phone?" I asked her.

"It's in..." Then the realization hit her. "My bag."

"Yeah," I nodded my head. "Real fun playing catch the ginger with no entertainment from my small box for months."

"Ron?" She looked over my shoulder as she noticed the ginger in question standing a bit of a distance away. Which, smart move for him, because she looked pissed. 

"Hey," Ron chuckled. 

She marched up to him with a hard set face as she ripped off his rupsack, "You...complete... ass, Ronald Weasly!" She had thrown down his bag and then decided to throw leaves at him. Not my first choice in a fight, but I don't think he would have survived if she picked up a stick. "You show up here after weeks, and you say, 'Hey'?!" She then turned towards Harry. "Where's my wand, Harry?"

"I don't know," Harry back away from her as he held his hands up in surrender. 

"Harry Potter you give me my wand!" She insisted as she chased after him.

"I don't have it!" Harry told her, but you could see the fear in his eyes. 

"How come he's got your wand?" Ron asked. 

"Never mind why he's got my wand!" Hermione snapped at him. She took a couple of deep breaths as she noticed what was in Ron's hand. "What is that?" Ron held up the broken locket. "You destroyed it. And how is it that you just happened to have the sword of Gryffindor?"

"It's a long story," Harry told her.

"No, it's not," I smirked. "Harry took a swim and Ron rescued the boy. The end."

"Don't think this changes anything," Hermione told Ron. 

"Oh, of course not," Ron scoffed as she started to walk away. "I only just destroyed a bloody Horcrux. Why would that change anything? Look, I wanted to come back as soon as I left. I just didn't know how to find you."

"Yeah, how did you find us?" Harry asked looking at me.

"Not me," I held my hands up. "My powers found him, then... well... Ron you take this part."

"With this," Ron held up the diluminator. "It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but Christmas morning-"

"2 am," I interjected.

"I was sleeping in this little pub, keeping away from Snatchers. And Hope came, woke me up, she drank a lot-"

"A few, it was a few drinks-"

"And then we tried to figure out how to find you, and I was just messing with this thing, and then I clicked it and this tiny ball of light appeared-"

"And then I had to pay off the bartender-"

"And sure enough it, it started to move-"

"No, it fucking zoomed through the sky-"