113. Hope Jordan Stylinson

I know with the last chapter I left you on a big cliffhanger, so I had to give you this one. 

"This is a bad plan," Hermione pushed her hair back out of her face. "You know this never ends well."

"What other plan do we have?!" I threw my arms up in the air as we stood in her living room. "The evening news is posting my picture. Fuck, the whole world is on the hunt for me! I'm an actual witch and there is an actual hunt for me. And most of the population has seen me since I was 10 years old because of my brother. Who, along with the rest of my family, are in serious danger. It's only been 10 minutes since I left and if they go out into the world or check their phones, they are going to be so confused. The only way to do this is to use the Fidelius Charm."

"I know," Hermione sighed. "But if we cast this, no one will know who you are. Not your family, not our friends... not even George. You will be erasing yourself from everyone's life."

"And from the worlds," I pointed out. "And thats what I need to do, thats what I have to do, to protect the ones I love."

"It's never been done on this grand of a scale before. There might be consequences we don't even know about," Hermione said. "It's one thing to remove an item, but to remove a person... How do you know we can even do it?"

"Because you're the best," I told her. "You made potions and learned charms years before we were even taught them in school."

"We don't even know the spell," Hermione pointed out 

"I do," I pulled a piece of paper out of my back pocket. "I went to the restricted section before I left school, I wrote down the spell."

"Okay," Hermione sighed. "What do we need to do?"

"It's like the unbreakable vow, we need to join arms while you say the spell. Then you need to announce the secret you will be keeping for me," I told her. 

Hermione nodded her head as she pulled her wand out of her pocket. I stood across from her as we placed our arms together. Gripping our hands on each other's forearms. 

"You sure about this?" Hermione asked one last time. 

"Positive," I said.

"Fidelius," Hermione pointed her wand at our arms. I watched as a golden tread came out of her wand and wrapped around us. "I, Hermione Jean Granger declare to keep the secret that is... Hope Jordan Stylinson's life... and everything about her."

The light started to glow bright before it expanded and blew up into little specks that floated around us. 

"Did it work?" Hermione asked.

"Let's check," I turned around as I turned on the News.

"And in breaking news tonight about the hunt..." We watched as the man got viably confused before he blinked a couple of times. "I-I think we have an incoming story about a girl who has been making cards for the elderly. Trinity, back to you."

"Yes um," The woman shook her head. "Little Annie has been-"

"I think it worked," I turned off the TV. 

"You can stay here if you like," Hermione told me. 

"No, I've got a place lined up," I blew out a breath. "Your parents won't remember me anyway's." 

"Where are you going to go?" Hermione asked me.

"There's a house in Brighton my family use to go to when we were younger," I told her. "I think I'm going to stay there for the summer and try to... figure out how we can end all this."