.17

US AGAINST TIME
"
SUSPICIONS"

NATALIA DIDN'T really know which of the three men she was surrounded by was acting more stupid

NATALIA DIDN'T really know which of the three men she was surrounded by was acting more stupid. It was so close she's thinking it might just have to be a tie. Luther keeps walking like he's got a sick up his ass and has done anything and everything he can to keep her distanced from Five and Natalia did not throw a blind eye to the way Luther keeps staring back at Five. Old Five is too calm. He's standing tall and collectively and Natalia knew he was picking and choosing his words carefully. His posture radiated confidence and what he had to be so confident about, well, Natalia didn't know. And finally her Five. God she's never seen him such a mess. He had stopped to yell at almost every person that had even just look his way.

"Mind your business or I'll give you something to stare at!" Five yelled at an elderly lady that had walked past them. Natalia shook her head with a scoff and resisted the urge to smack Five upside the head. "You wish you could pull off these shorts!"

"Five!" She scolded. "I'm sorry, he's not feeling well." Natalia called out to the lady. 

"I don't like the way she looked at me." Five stated as he itched his side. 

"Get it together, my god." Natalia firmly stated with a small glare. "You're acting worse than a child." 

"I am not." Five argued. 

"You are and it's embarassing, Five." 

"I told you, she was looking at me funny." Five justified. 

"Five, she hardly even looked at you." Natalia argued. 

"Hey, brother." Luther dragged out his sentence as he fell into strides between the two. "Sister." Luther greeted as he wrapped his arm around Natalia's shoulder and pulled her on the other side of him away from Five. "How you doing?"

"Why are you acting like that?" Natalia questioned as she glared up at Luther.

"What? Acting? I'm not...I'm not acting like anything." Luther protested with a huge fake smile plastered on his face.

"He's going to kill me, isn't he?" Five questioned.

"W-what?" Luther laughed. "What him? He's gonna kill you? Yeah, right. That's ridiculous."

"You know, you're a terrible liar, Luther." Five stated as he dug his hands into his pockets. "You're a worse liar than you are a spotter."

"Okay, whose fault is that?" Luther spat. "What good is having a spotter if you won't even listen to him?"

"So you admit you're conspiring against me?" Five demanded.

"Do...Do you admit that you're suffering from paradox psychosis?" Luther countered.

"All I'm suffering from is bracing clarity about you and your murderous intentions." 

"Look, it's not like he's gonna kill you kill you." Luther argued. "He just wants to kill a...um...version of you."

"Luther!" Natalia scolded.

"It's only a version of him." Luther defended.

"But I am that version of me!" Five argued.

"Hey, I don't love it, either, but he's actually got a pretty good plan." Luther admitted.

"I can't believe you." disbelief rang from Natalia's words as she shook her head. "You're actually so stupid."

"So what? You guys are going to off me and then jump to 2019 to save the world?" Five demanded as he aggressively ran his hand through his hair.

"Yeah. Wait--how do you know that?" Luther asked as he stared at Five in utter confusion. 

"Because I'm him and that is exactly what I would do if I were trying to kill me." 

"Okay all I know is we've got one Five too many..." Luther started.

"I say we kill him." Natalia suggested. "That'd fix the problem wouldn't it."

"No we can't kill him." Five stated.

A red whisp shot from Natalia's fingers and circled around the neck of old Five. "I'll just pop his head off and boom, problem solved.

"No you can't kill him." Five lightly shoved Natalia. "If you kill him I die." 

"Fine." Natalia grumbled, the red whisp fading into the air. 

"You're kind of acting like a maniac." Luther stated as he looked down to Five. 

"Maniac?" Five demanded, staring Luther down with crazed eyes. 

"Oh my god." Natalia grumbled, already not liking where this was going. 

"Luther, you have seen nothing. If you want a maniac, I will show you maniac." Five declared causing Luther to give him a what the hell look.

"You are not helping your cause here." Natalia pointed out as she held a stern finger at Five.

"I am very much so helping my cause." Five argued.

"Okay, as your spotter, I think the best thing I can do for you right now  is put you out of your misery." 

Natalia went to yell at her brother but was cut short when Five grabbed onto Luther's arms and forced him to face him. "Okay Luther." He spat. "I know your feeble mind only responds to age and authority, so listen very closely. Yet again, you are experiencing daddy issues, this time with your own brother, which is honestly making me a bit crazy. But remember this: I'm fourteen days older than him. I have seniority here. So it is me you should be listening to, Luther. I'm the daddy here!" Five suddenly yelled. 

"Oh my god you two are done." Natalia scolded, cutting in between the two and dragging them along by the sleeves of their shirts. "So fucking embarrassing." She couldn't help herself from giving the two boys the darkest glare she could muster. "Do you know how many people just saw that?! My god!"

"I admit there is a possibility that I may not be in my fully...right mind." Five admitted.

"No really?" Natalia asked, sarcasm lacing her words. 

"But whatever I've got, he's got it too." Five defended.

"You three quit grab assing. We're here."