.13

US AGAINST TIME
"
ONE SHOT"

YOU COULD say the Hargreeves were running out of time

YOU COULD say the Hargreeves were running out of time. Allison, Klaus, and Diego were nowhere to be found, leaving Luther, Five, and Natalia to be the only ones at the check point. Five was worried, Natalia was sure of that. He was doing his little pacing thing and she knew it was only a matter of time before he lost his temper and started yelling at someone. 

"Where is everyone?" Luther asked as he came running into the alleyway.

Five looked down to his watch before letting out a heavy sigh. "You're the first."

"What?"

"Yeah." Five said with a firm nod.

"Cookie?" Natalia asked as she held out the box of chocolate chip cookies she had stopped to grab from a grocery store on the way to the check point.

Luther looked down to the box and shrugged. "Sure." He said as he grabbed one from the box.

Footsteps caught Natalia's ears, causing her to turn to look down the end of the alley. She couldn't stop her left brow from raising as she watched Klaus stumbled towards them with his hands flailing out beside him. "We made it!" He exclaimed.

"What do you mean we?" Five questioned as Klaus moved one of his hands beside his face.

"Are you high?" Natalia asked as she watched Klaus in confusion.

"Get out!" Klaus yelled as his other hand moved to slap his own face.

"Klaus? You alright?" Natalia asked as he hunched over. "Klaus?" A small groan came from Klaus before he hunched over further, vomit shooting out of his mouth. "Oh! Ew!" Natalia yelled as Klaus collapsed next to the huge pool of vomit he had created.

"I can't believe it. I mean, you're here." Luther panicked. In all honesty if Natalia thought any of her siblings would be late, it would be Klaus.

"We've got eight minutes left." Five said.

"I just had the strangest dream." 

"Where are the others?" Five grumbled.

"Maybe something happened." Natalia suggested.

"Like what? What could possibly happen?" Five questioned.

"I don't know! It was just a suggestion to calm you down." 

"Do I look calm?" 

"Oh my god, you're unreal." Natalia shook her head. "Chill the fuck out, they'll be here. All right?"

"And how do you know that?" Five asked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Honestly I just said that to try and make you feel better." Natalia admitted as she took a bite of her cookie. "They're totally not coming."

"Why do I get the feeling that you don't care?" Five asked as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Of course I care." Natalia protested. "I just have absolutely zero faith in anyone in this family." 

"What's going on guys?" Klaus asked. "Are we going somewhere?"

"It was a simple task." Five rambled, ignoring Klaus entirely. "A simple task! All we had to do was be here!"

"We've got a minute left." Luther said before slamming his fist onto the dumpster in a fit of rage.

"Didn't have to fight a giant sea monster, no. An army of mutants? Nein!" Five continued.

"I can't believe this." Luther grumbled.

"It was handed to us on a silver platter." 

"I can't believe you guys didn't see this coming." Natalia said as she stuffed another cookie into her mouth. 

"Could you just moan a little softer?" Klaus asked as she slowly sat up. "My head is killing me."

"Listen to me, you useless puke bag." Five said as he marched over to Klaus. "We just blew our chance to save the world!"

"Hey, be nice!" Natalia scolded as she shot give a small glare.

A soft whirring suddenly sounded causing Five to groan. "God damn it." He muttered as he picked up the brief case.

"Shit." Luther said as Five threw the brief case into the air, the four being able to do nothing but watch as the case disappeared with a soft blue light.

"We were that close." Five said as he shook his head. "That close."

"Now what?" Luther asked.

"Now nothing, Luther, all right?! Make your piece with God." Five yelled.

"What? What about Allison and Vanya?" Luther asked.

"Screw them both." Five declared. "They should have been here." 

"What about Diego?" Klaus asked. "He's quite a responsible young man, no?"

Natalia raised her left brow slightly as she watched Five charge at a cardboard box beside the dumpster and kick it. "Something must have happened to them." Luther said.

"I agree with Luther." Natalia said with a nod. "Diego had nothing to leave behind, if any of them, he would at least have shown up."

"Screw Diego, alright? Screw everybody!" Five yelled.

"Wow." Natalia commented.

"I was better off on my own in the apocalypse." Five declared causing a newfound anger to arise in Natalia.

"Five! Come on." Luther scolded. 

"You know what, Luther? It's every sibling for themself now." Five said as he pointed a stern finger at Luther.

"So what? Huh? You wanna go back to your precious apocalypse?" Natalia questioned, causing Five's face to soften slightly. 

"Tal..."

"Well if you want to go back so bad..." Natalia began as her eyes began to glow red and a scarlet energy trailed down from her fingertips. "I can bring it here."

"No that's not..." Luther began.

"Vanya's not the only one who can destroy the world, Five!"

"Nobody is destroying the world today!" Luther yelled, ending any further argument.  Natalia rolled her eyes and let out a huff of breath before getting rid of her power. "Thank you."

"Fuck you." Natalia spat as she glared at Five. 

"Tal don't be like that." Five tried to protest but Natalia wasn't having it. "Tal come on!" Five called as he watched her walk toward Elliott's place. 

"Just for the record, you're not gonna be the cool funny grandpa everybody loves!" Natalia called over her shoulder as she walked away. "You're the crazy mean one everybody hates!"