Disbelief

Meg, Jane, and Edward reached their hometown, but still, Edward didn't speak a word with her. After reaching home, Jane got a text from Edward saying sorry and he didn't know how to react around Meg. Jane told him she understands and not to worry. Jane spent the first three days with her family and not going out. Like her, every school friend was in town, so they prepared a get-together. Everyone was coming to the get-together except Edward. Jane messaged him to ask why is he not coming to the meeting. His reasons weren't convincing for Jane still she tried to believe him.

It was the day of the get-together, till morning Jane was trying to convince Edward to come. But she failed. Jane and Meg went together to the party. Everyone from their class was present in the meeting, including Carol. Jane understood that Edward avoided the meeting because of Carol. Everyone was enjoying the party. Playing with their friends, grills, barbeques, and laughter kept everyone busy. Part f Jane's heart wished Edward to come and give a surprise. As everyone was having fun, Carol came forward to speak with Jane and Meg. They spoke about each other's college and studies. Then Meg moved away from there as someone called her.

Carol asked about the wellbeing of Edward. Jane couldn't control her curiosity to know how they broke up. Jane asked her but Carol was hesitant for a while. Jane, " If you don't feel comfortable, you need not say . I am sorry for being nosy". Carol, "It's okay. Even I wanted to talk about this to someone. I'm glad that you came up with that. I will tell you". Jane was listening to her carefully, without blinking. Carol started saying about how she and Edward were so close until he went to college. She said Edward started avoiding her after a few months, she tried to get hold of him but he became angrier and angrier at her even for small things. So Carol kept quiet for a while. Then Edward stopped calling her completely, even spoke ill about her. Some friends of friends in the same university as Edward said that they spotted him with girls. When Carol asked about this to Edward, that's when Carol saw the worst side of Edward. Carol also added that she knew that Jane is hanging out with Edward a lot. Carol," I don't blame you, Jane. I saw your face on the day when Edward said about our relationship. I understood you liked Edward. All I ask now you to stay alert. He might not be like that with you, but please take care. I don't want you to cry like me". Her words haunted Jane. Jane just said sorry to Carol and she couldn't say anything to her.

Even after coming back home, Jane's mind was filled with thoughts about what Carol said. Her thoughts were interrupted by the message tone from her mobile. It was Edward saying that he will leave for University tomorrow for some urgent work. She asked him what was the work, but Edward didn't say to her. She felt terrible and also couldn't say this to Meg. She rang up to her friends Eda and Ana to say about this. Ana said that she will help Jane find out things as some of her friends are in university. Jane didn't want to intrude on his privacy, but Eda and Ana insisted on this.

After a few days Ana texted Jane saying he was spotted with a girl and some of his friends around the campus. She added the girl, and he seemed to be close. This was enough for Jane's head to blast. She cried and cry. She couldn't even able to ask Edward about this because he didn't even reply to her earlier messaging and his phone wasn't reachable. Her mind was full of unwanted thoughts still she wanted to believe him and his words. Finally, the day to leave for her university again. Jane didn't want to go because she didn't want to get hurt. She left her hometown and reached her university.