Sweet Surprise

Spending time with Jane became a routine for Edward. Jane was happy about spending time with Edward. She stopped going to Alec's shows and even declined his confession. She didn't want to hurt him and also doesn't want to get his hopes high. Alec was sweet enough to accept her rejection but still helped her in her works and remained her friend. Jane's mind was covered with Edward. Her crush is back. She started crushing over Edward again, and even more now. He was sweet to her, and he cared about her. This is the first time seeing him like that.

He took her to dinner on the weekends and spent the most time with her. Apart from going out together, they even studied together in the library. Bruce tried calling her to tell her about his game selected for funding and he would leave for another state for developing his game. But he couldn't get hold of her. So, he told her friends about this and make them inform Jane. He organized a party for celebrating this. Even to this meeting, Jane didn't come. Ana and Eda tried calling her, but she was in a movie with Edward. So Ana and Eda decided not to say this to Edward. Instead, they said that she was busy with her writing and asked them to go on behalf of her. Jane came to know about Bruce leaving the town just a day before his departure.

She went near his dorm to see him as he was busy packing up things. They both started walking around the campus. Jane apologized for not being available in his celebration and she is thrilled about his game. Bruce didn't speak much except for a few words like thank you, ok, yes. After this Jane spoke about her and Edward, how much he changed, and how much she loves hanging out with him. Hearing Jane talk about someone was heartbreaking for Bruce, but he was just smiling and hearing her. She also said to him that she has a feeling for Edward and doesn't have a clue about how Edward is feeling about her. Bruce stopped and held Jane's hands and said, " If you like him, tell him. Don't worry about his answer. From hearing about you both from your friends, I guess he may like you too. Even if he rejects you, I am here as your backup". Jane laughed and told him," Thank you so much, Bruce. I am really blessed to have an amazing friend like you". He said to her, he will leave early morning. She gave him a last goodbye hug, and they both parted their ways.

Few days after Bruce left town, Edward asked her out on a weekend. The weekend arrived. He picked her from the dorm. There was a car waiting outside the campus. He asked her to get in. The car stopped at the railway station. It was a train to a nearby city. She asked him where they were going throughout the way, but he just asked her to wait. Once they got off the train, he asked her to follow him. He stopped at a big hotel and asked her to enter first. It was a gathering organized for J. K. Rowling and also a signing event. She couldn't believe her eyes. She enjoyed the whole event and even got a book signed by J. K. Rowling. Jane couldn't stop smiling and even can't stop looking at Edward. They got on the train to return to their campus. He asked her how was she feeling. She couldn't express her happiness. She kept thanking him. After the train journey, they went to a restaurant to have dinner.

After dinner, they planned on walking to the campus. There was a silence as Edward held her hands. They were walking by holding hands. Edward stopped. Jane asked him what happened. He looked at her and said, "I want to kiss you". She was frozen. Before she could say anything he kissed her. He took a step back and spoke. Edward, "I like you, Jane. I want you to be my girlfriend. I even know that you liked me back in school days. I want to make up for that. Will you be my girlfriend?". Jane was just looking at him. He added, " I don't want you to give an immediate answer. Take your time". Edward and Jane reached her dorm. He said to her, he will wait for her answer. She just nodded her head and went inside the dorm.