Stay With Me

Jane was speechless when she saw Edward in front of her dorm. All this time, she forgot about him. It was shocking for her because Edward never came up and spoke with her. He said hi to her and also asked how she was all this time. Jane was still in a state of shock. They both walked toward a bench in the college garden. He said to Ana and Eda that he wants to talk with her alone. As they sat on the bench, Jane came to life. He started speaking again.

Edward," I was wrong all this time. I shouldn't have avoided everyone. When everyone stopped talking to me that's where I realized that I made a mistake. Even Meg isn't talking to me. No school friends are talking to me. I thought my university friends are real and they are going to last a lifetime, but they didn't. They just used me for my money. I didn't even concentrate on my studies well. My parents are very upset because of me. I really want to bring back everything."

After listening to him, Jane asked him what made him realize all these things. Edward said that his parents stopped sending him money, that's where his university friends started showing him their true colors. They stopped going out with him. Even because of them, he was about to get detention. Jane," Ok Edward, I will help you get everyone back. I will talk to Meg and others. Don't worry". Edward paused for a while and started again," I want you back Jane." Jane's eyes got wide.

Edward," I want the old Jane back, who comes running to me for everything and who cares about me endlessly. I miss you, Jane. I didn't know your value when you were near me. I missed you because of my ignorance. I want you to back. Will you?". He took her hands into his hands. There was an unknown feeling going around Jane, but this was the first time seeing him speak like that. Nothing was going inside her head except helping him. She said "yes". Jane added, " I will surely help you Edward and I'm always with you. You didn't lose me. I didn't want to disturb you, other than that I didn't ignore you,". Edward smiled and thanked her.

Jane," So can we go to our respective dorm? It's getting late". Edward," Yeah, sure,". While walking to the dorm Jane asked about his studies and when they were nearing her dorm. Jane asked him, " How is Carol? and How is your relationship with her?". He replied, "we broke up months back. Things didn't work out between us. You need not worry about that. Go to your room and sleep well. Good night,". Jane, " good night, Edward,". She went inside her dorm.

She went to her room and said what happened with Edward. Both of them were shocked. Ana said to Jane that she is not convinced by Edward's words and senses something suspicious. Jane said to them, she trust Edward and he is not someone who betray others. They both warned her and said, " if something goes wrong or if he hurts you, remember we are always here for you". Jane assured her friends that she will take care and gave them a hug.

The next morning when Jane and her friends were coming down, Edward was standing in front of their dorm. Jane went to him and asked what he is doing here. He replied to her saying that he was waiting for her and asked to eat breakfast with him. He also added that after eating, he will accompany her to the classroom. She said to her friends about this and accompanied Edward to the canteen. Jane had a mixed emotion of happiness, surprise, and confusion.