one hundred five

Start from the beginning

"You guys are so screwed now!" the joyous voice of Bruce Banner rang out over the battlefield. Audelia couldn't help but laugh along.

Thor took a look around at the team before facing the children of Thanos and they're army. He stalked forward, the tree and racoon hot on his tail.

"Bring me THANOS!"

Audelia watched with a slight glimmer in her eye as Thor jumped into the air, lightning surrounding him as he hit the ground, taking out hundreds of aliens at a time.

Still in a daze, Nathan ran forward and helped her to her feet, saying something to her that she didn't understand.

Maybe, just maybe, they had a shot now.

◼ ◼ ◼

It had been a long time since Thanos had been to Titan, but everything felt the same as he stalked out of the portal, standing on the ground of his home planet as it closed behind him.

"Oh yeah," Thanos looked up, peering over to see Doctor Strange sitting on a pile of debris, staring down the mad titan as he tossed a rock over in his hand. "You're much more of a Thanos."

"I take it that Maw is dead," the mad titan spoke without missing a beat, taking the silence as a yes. "This day extracts a heavy toll. Yet still, he accomplished his mission."

"You may regret that," Strange retorted. "He brought you face to face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

"And where do you think he brought you?"

"Let me guess...your home?"

"It was...and it was beautiful,"

The Reality stone glowed from the gauntlet on Thanos' hand, changing the scenery around them to show what Titan used to be. Green, bustling with life, like any other planet in the galaxy.

"Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution,"

Strange scoffed, shaking his head lightly.

"Genocide?"

"But at random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass," the stone stopped glowing, the image of Titan around them returning to that of which it was now.

"Congratulations," Strange muttered sarcastically. "You're a prophet."

"I'm a survivor,"

"Who wants to murder trillions,"

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist," the calmness to Thanos' voice was eerie. "I call that... mercy."

Strange rose to his feet, his eyes never leaving the Mad Titan's.

"And then what?

"I finally rest... and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills,"

Strange summoned his shields, putting himself in a fighting position.

"I think... you'll find... our will... equal to yours,"

Thanos looked on curiously.

"Our?"

Thanos didn't have a second to think before he looking up, being crushed by a giant piece of debris that Tony forced down upon him. He flew off, heading toward where Peter Quill was waiting for his moment.

"Piece of cake, Quill," Tony retorted as Quill scoffed.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off!"