Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please

Start from the beginning

Soon the food came and there were many dishes but honestly I wasn't really amazed as these were the common home made food which is prepared even in my house and that too these many variations. Still I was waiting for the food to be served all the while reminding myself to not hog on it and eat it.

There was gatta, dal (lentils), aloo (potatoes), bottle gourd, bitter gourd, rice, and flat bread. As soon as the food was served the aroma made my senses go haywire and I ate my food fast but properly.

There were small conversations going around the table throughout but I was feeling kinda left out which is why I wanted to leave. I don't really mind people not talking to me but in such family places it feels too awkward and you feel like an imposter.

After everyone was done we moved back to the seating area and I was about to leave when I heard King Uday saying "Maira, you are not going anywhere you will stay here with us."

"But I already I booked a hotel room and I...."

"We'll you'll stay where your boss is staying, which is here and that is it, we'll get your booking cancelled just tell us the name of the hotel and Savitri get her room ready" he cut me mid-sentence.

Before I could say anything I could see Vijay Sir looking actually glaring at me and I understood I have no option but to stay here. Sighing in defeat I decided to leave that room as it felt weird to listen my boss talking to his friend and their family.

Not knowing the way too well or disturbing them mid-conversation, I made my way back from where we entered the palace as I remember seeing a garden up front and decided to spend my time there.

I was sitting beside a small pond looking at the fish, and the trees and flowers around. The cold gentle breeze of October giving a sense of calmness.

"It's peaceful, isn't it? I like to come in the garden whenever....Oops" well not expecting an intruder so soon my clumsy self got scared and was about to fall on the pond when the Prince caught my hand saving me. Phewwww.

Oh God please open this ground and swallow me right now or just promise me no more embarrassment, please..... I beg you.

My hair all over my face due to the sudden impact of him pulling me towards himself, my hands on his chest, I let out a gasp due to the sting I felt on my paining palm, I looked up only to be lost in his eyes hoping he didn't hear it.

Once he saved me I got out of his grip thanking him. He took a step back scratching his neck "Are you okay? You didn't get hurt, right?"

"Yes I am fine all thanks to you." Looking at his concerned beautiful black eyes I replied with a small smile. Guess he hadn't heard then.

"Well, I wanted to say sorry cause I get that you must be feeling awkward..." Looking at his face I could see the sincerity and so I shook my head "No no it's not your fault and I really don't mind so just relax." I said with a smile.

"Well I came out here to take you to your room so that you can take some rest."

"Oh that would be nice I am so tired, I feel like I can sleep for an eternity." Before I could stop myself I uttered this with a long sigh and stretching hands.

"Ummm....you could have just told me if you wanted to rest I would have arranged something, you need not have waited so much. Just let me or anyone know if you want anything and I mean anything."

Tongue tied I just nodded my head and followed him to the room. I could see my luggage already placed in the room. Thinking of checking out the room later I move towards bed but not before turning towards the Prince and seeing him off.

"Thank you so much Prince, you could have just sent some servant instead of coming yourself."

"It's not an issue, we prefer to look after our guests personally and please let me know if you need anything."

Nodding my head I was about to close the door when he poked his head back. I looked at him puzzled. "Also, it's Jai for you and there's an ointment on the bedside for your palm." Saying this he left and closing the door I walked towards the king size bed, applied the ointment thinking of the considerate gesture and plopped on the soft plump mattress. As soon as I touched the mattress I closed my eyes sinking into deep slumber and beautiful dreams.

 As soon as I touched the mattress I closed my eyes sinking into deep slumber and beautiful dreams

_________________________________________

Thank you guys for all the support and giving this story a try.
Also, I am sorry to have not been able to upload last week. The updates might be irregular due to the workload for few upcoming weeks. Please bear with me.
Vote, comment, and share:)