Chapter Six, More Enemies.

Abigail stood still like an iceberg in a dead ocean, breathing heavily yet determined in solving the situation. Once Lady Maria touched her shoulder, Abigail knew that this was indeed a Mooncaller like her. The pulse in her chest became silent and Carvo seemed to notice Lady Maria's approach to Abigail.

"Oh, hey Maria!" Carvo said, oblivious to what Abigail knows.

"Hey, Carvo. What a nice apprentice you have!" The Mooncaller replied, putting its hand on Abigail's shoulder leaving her standing still in its grip.

"Thank you! She's called Ellie!" Carvo replied, slowly noticing Abigail's discomfort.

Abigail wasn't by any means a weak person nor a silent one, and after giving the situation a thought while Carvo and The Mooncaller spoke, she forged a plan in her mind, a plan that was a risk but the only right one to follow.

"Doctor Carvo, can I please talk to Lady Maria for a second? I'd like to know more about our neighbors!" Abigail said in a very childish manner, twisting her voice and personality to fit that young body, she then proceeded to gently remove the Mooncaller's hand off her shoulder and once Carvo agreed, Abigail walked it a little bit away from the market.

"I must say I'm impressed, you're truly smarter than I thought, does he know?" The Mooncaller asked as if Abigail and them had a prior conversation or as if it knew more about Abigail than she herself knew.

"No, nobody knows anything yet." Abigail said, she tried to follow The Mooncaller's attitude, and doing her best to protect Carvo.

"Name's Brando by the way, I'll be your ally in this part of the city. I know you have no idea what's going on yet, but I'll explain when the time is right." The Mooncaller said, revealing his true name, Brando.

"He will get suspicious if we keep on talking like that." Abigail said, trying to maintain her posture although she had no idea what she was doing.

"Fine, well, I don't trust you." Brando said in a menacing tone, Abigail's eyes widened yet she did her best to stay calm.

"I don't trust you either." She said, giving him back the same look.

"Okay, okay, listen. If you want to know more about yourself then come and meet me tomorrow at nine o'clock in the bitch's house." Brando said, Abigail sighed and waited a few seconds before she nodded.

"How do you know all of this?" Abigail asked, holding Maria's hand before Brando left without a notice, "You're still a kid after all, I'll be testing you." He said as he left.

Abigail felt the tense atmosphere between both of them, but also a sense of familiarity beaten within her hollow chest. Carvo stood there and surprisingly it looked like he suspected nothing at all although Clyde warned him of Lady Maria earlier. Abigail didn't feel afraid as much as she felt confused, how could Mooncallers speak and communicate normally like that? And how much information do they have on each other to know that Abigail awakened?

Abigail took a deep breath and analyzed Brando's hostility yet importance, and she decided to keep this as a secret from both Carvo and Clyde. Abigail walked back to Carvo feeling heavy and nauseous just from contacting that vicious beast, she wouldn't believe that Mooncallers were just humans, she couldn't believe that she was just a human.

"How did it go? Did he tell you any information?" Carvo quickly said, taking Abigail out of the market while she just had a blank expression, Carvo knew everything.

"Not much.." She sighed, realizing that Carvo was definitely smart.

"Fuck, there's a goddamn Mooncaller in the city, but now, I must thank you for handling this well, you've done great." Corvo thanked Abigail as she sighed in frustration and a little bit of confusion. Abigail then felt her head bursting with a thousand questions about what just happened.