Chapter Nine, Strings of fate.

Three days left before fullmoon.

I. Choices.

Boneclad, a name befitting to a city standing tall on thousands of its founders' corpses. In the climax of a never-ending war, the line between good and evil was faltering in sight. Children were born to fight against an entity their ancestors created, hatred was bred amongst their virgin hearts. Humans are too arrogant to confess the mistakes they've made along the way of progression, thus, they'd rather curse their creation than accept defeat, all under the name of survival instinct.

Abigail's thoughts and motives were unknown to everyone including herself. Her human heart lingers but not in her chest, only a phantom of it beats in her soul, the one she thought she had lost. Revenge was a priority that she feared pursuing. She believed that she had the right to go rouge and murder all those responsible for the metal cage she was locked in, however, her attachment to her human past kept her tamed.

Abigail was a time bomb.

In front of Andrew's office, Clyde stood anxiously. He was in visible distress as he fought the urge to bite his nails. The office was swarming with officers and important legion personnel which made Clyde suspect the downfall of his and Carvo's play.

"It's our turn." Marclyn prepared herself as she tapped on Clyde's shoulder.

"Do you know what this is about?" Clyde asked.

"I don't know, but it must be a good opportunity! It's Andrew himself." Marclyn cheerfully replied as she opened the door and went inside.

Marcyln was a fair woman in her early twenties. She had short black hair and very enchanting indigo eyes. She was Clyde's partner in most of their missions, however, Clyde hated how much of a control freak he believed Marclyn was. Clyde mustered enough strength to drag himself into the office where he and Marcylen stood like brick walls awaiting Andrew who was drowning in piles of paper. Clyde felt his soul leave his body as Andrew cleared his throat and peeked with his head outside of the documents.

"You two must be very anxious, so I won't let you wait any longer." Andrew spoke.

"Few days ago we received a noise complaint coming from the 4th Neo Grand avenue, the neighbors reported the sudden chilling screams of what seems to be a lady." Andrew stated as he got up from his desk and approached the two soldiers, "We sent a soldier to do a welfare check and surprisingly, the lady was completely fine." Andrew sighed as if he was disappointed.

"Now, listen to me clearly. What I'm about to say is top classified information that none of you should ever speak of outside that office. Even between both of you." Andrew said in a threatening tone, the soldiers nodded, "We suspect that this lady has been possessed by a thinking shifter. One that's lurking our city as we speak." Andrew walked right past the soldiers. Clyde's fear made his legs go weak. His brain was electrified. He realized that Andrew has caught the first string to unravel the secret. He struggled to maintain a straight face but Andrew didn't notice anything.

"I have gotten a permission to place three owls on this lady's house. I'm expecting this to be done efficiently and secretly. No one, not even a snail, should hear about this." Andrew walked back to his desk, and Clyde thought to himself that this was the end, "The address is right in front of you. You shall go to the inventory and assemble the owls. I expect this to be finished by six. I will be waiting. Any questions?" Andrew commanded as he went back into sorting his documents. "Sir I wa-" As Clyde was about to speak, Andrew interrupted him, "You can go now."

The two bowed and exited the office with a face as red as a tomato. Andrew was not an easy man to interact with, in fact, the entirety of the legion personnel were very strict.