Bombed

Okay, I started school today (and I legit have a lot of requirements) so I have no idea if I'll be able to write as much as I do before. Oh, and prepare for a 3000+ word story down below.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Town Hall is bombed and the building is on fire. Both the local police and fire station are lacking people, so the Paw Patrol is called to help. After all, there's no job too big and no pup too small.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Paw Patrol, to the Lookout!"

"Ryder needs us!"

You can say that their day started off weirdly. Chase woke up later than he usually did, and Marshall hadn't tripped on anything.

To see these two act out of character is worrying. Out of everyone in the team, Chase and Marshall are the best in sensing upcoming danger, even if they don't realize it.

And so, the pups weren't surprised when Ryder called them into the Lookout tower for a mission.

"Paw Patrol ready for action, Ryder, sir!" Chase saluted before realizing what they're wearing.

Half of the pups were wearing police uniforms while the other half wore firefighter ones. This had never happened before, so naturally, all of them were confused.

"Pups, I've got a call from the local police department," Ryder said in a deathly serious voice which put all the pups on edge.

"What is it, Ryder?" Chase asked.

"Aren't your pup tag getting radio transmissions from the police, Chase?" Skye asked the shepherd in confusion.

"That's one of the problems," Ryder answered for Chase. "The police radio frequency is being jammed by someone, along with the firefighter frequency."

"So that's why I haven't got any messages either," Marshall muttered, all playfulness gone.

"The bigger problem is that the Town Hall is bombed and is currently on fire," Ryder continued to worried exclamations from the pups. "With the radio frequencies jammed, the authorities cannot radio other officers for backup."

Cries of "oh no" and "we have to do something" echoed among the pups, which quietened down when Ryder spoke back up.

"This job is too big for only two pups but too small for everyone. That's why I divided you into two groups for a joint ultimate rescue mission."

Ryder swiped his pup pad and clicked Chase's icon.

"Chase, you're going to lead Rocky and Skye to help the police officers in keeping the crowd away and finding the one responsible for the bombing," he commanded.

"Chase is on this ultimate rescue case!" the shepherd called out, stepping forward.

Ryder acknowledged this with a nod before clicking on Marshall's icon.

"Marshall, I need you to lead Rubble and Zuma to help take out the fire. Also, there might be people trapped inside the building so I need you to talk with the firefighters to organize a rescue mission."

"I'm ultimately fired up," Marshall called out with a deathly serious face.

"I'm going to call both Tracker and Everest for backup but for now, you're on your own. Alright! Paw Patrol is on a roll!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For the townsfolk, it was weird seeing two ultimate rescue vehicles being driven down the street, but with the news they just heard, it didn't come as a surprise for them.