Pups and a Special Friend

Marshall is back to his happy and clumsy self. But someone still feels like he hadn't done enough. Set after the episode "Pups Save a Friend".

Marshall felt like he was home. He had really thought that his friends, his family, didn't want him around. But he was proven wrong. 

You see, he had run away from the lookout after overhearing the other pups' insults. He had thought that they were talking about him since the insults hit him home. It turned out that they were meant for the villain in the latest episode of Apollo the Super Pup.

He was glad to hear that despite his faults, Ryder and the other pups love him for who he is.

"Hey Mawshall," Zuma called out to him. "Wanna play jump wope with us?"

Distracted, Marshall failed to notice the chew toy directly in front of him which caused him to trip and crash to where the pups were playing.

"Watch out!" he shouted just before he crashed to them. The crash resulted in all of them get tangled up with the rope.

"You know, I'd rather skip all these wipeouts."

The terrible pun made them all laugh, glad that Marshall was back to his happy and clumsy self.

"Thanks for the laugh, Marshall," Chase said after regaining his breath.

"Anytime. Why else am I here for?" Marshall replied, smiling at his best friend.

"Because we want you here."

All the pups looked up to Marshall with a smile, showing that they agreed to the police pup's statement.

"...you do realize that was a rhetorical question, right?" the fire pup asked.

Chase's smile didn't falter. "I do. I just felt the need to answer it anyway."

"Aww, thanks guys. You're the best."

Ryder watched with a certain fondness as his pups try to shower Marshall with licks.

"You're all such good pups."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lame ending, but I hope you guys like it. If it wasn't obvious yet, Marshall's my favorite pup.

Next up is another Marshall-centered fic.

Lovelots, Glace