Chapter-24

I was feeling listless today as I wandered about my house. There was nothing I wished to do, except just let my thoughts consume me. Staying in the dream for a longer period had taken more energy than I'd anticipated and I seriously needed to eat. But I couldn't muster the energy to cook anything so I'd decided to order instead. The dream of the two figures was barely a blur now but I still remembered a few details. They had been drawing in blood and lighting candles around the dead body. I didn't understand this at all. Perhaps they were doing a spell or something. It was possible in this town.

The doorbell rang shaking me out of my thoughts and I shuffled towards the door eagerly. My food had arrived earlier than I'd expected it to. I opened the door and found Caleb standing outside. With a start, I realised how long it had been since I'd talked to him.

He grinned at me cheerfully but looked tired out.

"Hello Dorito girl," he said in a flat voice as I stood aside to let him in. Closing the door I followed him into the living room.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked crossing my arms to hide the goosebumps that had appeared there. It was freezing as usual. I was also feeling a little annoyed since the delivery guy hadn't come by with my food yet.

"I guess I just needed someone to talk to. And you look like you could use a friend ever since Sabrina ditched you."

I scowled at him.

"She didn't ditch me," I said. He smiled at me knowingly. His usually soothing presence was annoying me today. I seriously needed to eat before I snapped someone's head off.

The bell rang again and this time, thankfully, it was the delivery guy. Thanking him, I practically ran back to the living room. Opening up the packages, I offered some food to Caleb who refused. Shrugging, I tore off the peel and began scarfing down the food. For the first time ever, I didn't care if it was rude to eat like this in front of someone else and just focused on eating instead.

Caleb looked amused.

"Hungry much?"

I remembered the first day I'd met him I'd been scarfing down Doritos. I grinned at him sheepishly. I felt awful for not talking to him earlier when he'd clearly needed my help.

"Sorry," I said, putting the empty wrappers back in the bag. "Now we can talk."

He raised his eyebrows.

"Okay, so why do you look like you haven't slept in weeks?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I shot back. "Since you came here to talk to me."

He looked a little surprised.

"Dang, you're not polite or quiet anymore. What's up with that?"

I shrugged. I'd just realised there were far greater problems to worry about than what a few people thought of my manners but I wasn't about to tell him that.

He narrowed his eyes.

"Where's the real Adriana and what have you done with her you witch?" he asked, his voice trembling, an expression of true horror and disgust on his face.

I felt myself lowering in my seat, feeling terrified. Had he guessed I was a banshee?

"Gotcha," he said and burst out laughing. I gripped the chair with a trembling hand. I heaved a sigh of relief. What a prank!

I glared at him while he chuckled.

"You should have seen your face."

I ignored him and focused on bringing my breathing back to normal. Both of us were silent for a while.

"How's Sabrina doing?" I asked him after a few minutes.

"She's acting weirdly" He bit his lip thoughtfully. "Ever since Sharon's death..."

"What do you mean weird?" I asked.

"I don't know... she doesn't want to hang out or talk and just goes wandering around on her own."

"We should try and talk to her at least."

"She said that she doesn't want to talk to anybody. She just hangs out in her grandfather's old house."

"Isn't he dead?"

"Yeah, she lives there alone now."

I bit my lip anxiously.

"That's not at all like her. I feel quite worried."

He nodded.

"But she loved her grandfather a lot. Probably just missing her."

He eyed me curiously.

"Did you ever ask her why did she lie to you about the Burmontes?"

"No, I didn't get the chance to do it."

"Hmm..." was his only response as he stared around my living room.

"This used to belong to my grandfather you know," he said in a wistful voice.

"This house?" I asked in surprise. "Mr Vincent is your grandfather?"

"Oh no! He isn't around anymore. Died in a car crash. The Burmonte's took over this house and sold it to Philly."

I felt bad for him.

"It couldn't have been easy for you to come here again..."

He nodded.

"I was pretty small when my grandfather died so I don't remember much. But I do know that we were close and now he's not here- I feel like I've lost a part of myself."

I nodded sympathetically. I knew how he felt.

"Caleb..." I said in a small voice. "When you said you were a werewolf, did you actually mean it?"

He gave me a slight smile.

"I believe you saw me and Moro the other day."

So it had been them. I know it was silly, but I had to know if the past few days hadn't just been a big weird dream.

"Hey, I know it's hard to believe."

I nodded and smiled.

"You think?"

He laughed too and got up.

"Well, I'd better get going now. Before I do, I have one last question."

I met his intense gaze. It was odd how his mood shifted. I guess all this was part of being a werewolf.

"Do you believe that Ethan Burmonte is a vampire?"

I nodded slowly.

"Stay away from him. He's dangerous," he said as he closed the door behind himself. As if to agree with him, a cold gust of wind blew into the room, making me shiver.

                                ***
Hey!! How are you guys liking the story so far?? Do you have any ships yet🙃🙃 What do you think will happen next?? Do comment and let me know. I would love to hear your thoughts!!
Xoxo
Lena❤❤❤❤