Chapter 37: The Vytal Festival

Grave Site

"I'm sorry that I wasn't able to keep Ruby safe, I'm sorry that I didn't come back when I should of" Y/N says to the grave of his mother Summer. Y/N looks at his black biotech arm and remembers back to when it transformed into that black mass and killed the cyber grimm. "I know I can't make up for the past but I am doing all that I can in the future to look after Ruby, my team, my friends are there for me and they help me when I need it, I wish you were still alive to see everything that's happened these last two semesters at Beacon" Y/N says to the grid.

Y/N lays down some flowers on the grave, they were roses, his mother's favorite flowers. "Did you know I have a girlfriend mom? You'd love her, her name is Blake and she's on the same team as Ruby, I really love her mom and I think she's the one, I wish you were here to tell me what to do because I am new to all of this" Y/N says. Suddenly a hand grabs onto Y/N's arm gaining his attention, he looks over and sees Ruby standing next to him. "Come on big brother we've got to get back to Beacon" Ruby says. "Alright Rubes, just let me say goodbye" Y/N replies to his sister.

Ruby let's go of Y/N's arm and leaves him say goodbye to their mom. "Alright mom I'm off, I've got to get back to school and kick some butt at a tournament, maybe once that is over I'll come back with Blake so you can meet her" Y/N says to the grave before leaving. Y/N turns around and see Ruby standing by a car waiting for him. "Okay Ruby you better be ready for the Vytal festival" Y/N says to her as he walks over to the car.
____________________________________

Time Skip

Beacon Academy

The Vytal festival in full swing and teams from all of the schools were competing, mine included. My team and I didn't have much of choice when it came to competing in the festival. Ozpin asked my team and I personally to compete, for whatever reason the four of us agreed to it. I had this feeling that Ozpin had his own reason for wanting my team and I to compete but I didn't know what is was exactly. For now I'd do it with my team but as soon as I felt something suspicious I was going to stop. I wasn't going to put my team in a situation that we weren't prepared for.

Right now my team and I was getting ready for our first match. We were going against team STRM from Haven academy. "Alright guys, you ready for anything?" I asked my team. "Yeah Y/N we're ready" Benny answered "so what's the game plan?" Chris asked. "I don't know all of the information on these guys but once we see what their weapons are we'll form a plan there" I answered. "I'll make sure Huginn and Muninn are ready to analyze them" Rider said. "Good good, that'll help us form a strategy against them" I replied

"Look guys, I know we're doing this because Ozpin asked us to do it" I said "Y/N, we know that Ozpin has a habit of keeping secrets and making people do things to help him without their knowledge" Benny says patting my shoulder. "We know you don't exactly trust him, which means we don't as well, if something happens we'll follow your lead" Rider said. "We know that your looking out for us Y/N but don't worry so much, let us look out for you every now and then" Chris said.

Just then a lady entered the locker room as we were talking amongst ourselves. "Team CYBR, your match is about to begin, please head up to the coliseum arena" the lady said to us. "Alright guys, let's get up there and win this" I said to the guys. Benny sheathed his sword and got up, Rider transformed his bow and pulled the string while Chris put his gloves on letting the claws out before putting them back. The four of us walked up the staircase towards the arena battlefield.

Time Skip

Coliseum Arena

There we were in the coliseum standing across from our opponents team STRM. I looked up in the stands and saw Ruby and her team along with our friends cheering us on. "Looking for Blake?" Benny asked "no, I can see her right there" I answered winking at Blake. Chris was showing off to the people in the stands "now is not the time to be macho man fang face" Rider said to Chris. "Whatever blind man, I know you'll be showing off for your girlfriend" Chris replied. "What are you talking about?" Rider asked irritared "I know and you know that Weiss is your special little girlfriend" Chris answered.

"Do you know how stupid you sound right now?" Rider asked frustrated by Chris's comment. "Oh hey look Weiss is waving at you" Chris said pointing up at the stands. "What, really?" Rider asked looking around at the stands before he realized what he was doing. "Hey face!!!" Rider said angry about to hit Chris who was laughing. "Enough you two we need to focus" I said to both of them "fine" Chris said "watch it fang face, I might not watch your six" Rider said. "Rider" I said in scolding tone "fine" Rider said exaggerated. "Also Rider, we know you like her" I said.

Before Rider could say anything the announcers came on which was professor Port and Dr. Oobleck. "Alright folks here is the first match of the Vytal festival between team CYBR of Beacon academy and team STRM of Haven academy" Port said. "The rules of this tournament are simple, both teams will fight till all of one team's members auras fall into the red or one team forfits" Oobleck explains. "The tournamnet will consist of four on four matches then two members of the winning teams will be selected for a two on two match before we end on a one on one match for the final" Port said to everyone.

"Okay everyone let us introduce you to the teams that will be fighting now" Port said. "From team CYBR we have Christopher Woods, Y/N Rose the team's leader, Benjamin Bristol and Rider Lang" Oobleck said introducing us to the crowd. "From team STRM we have Sammantha Rodgers the team's leader, Tony Straum, Ronnie Jenkins and Martha Lee" Port said introducing the other team to the crowd. The other team took out their weapons and readied themselves.

Sammantha, the team leader had a large circular weapon with razor edge, kind of like a giant chakram of sorts. Tony had two giant hammers as weapons, his strength must of been incredible. Ronnie had two large gauntlets on his hands, those were his weapons. Martha had gun blade as her weapon, from the look of the cartridge it must of been a sniper rifle. I could tell that they were trying to size us up, my team and took out our weapons next. My arm transformed into it's sword form, Benny unsheathed his sword and reved up the blade, Chris let out his claws on both his hands and feet and used his semblance to partially transform and Rider transformed his bow and readied four arrows as Huginn and Muninn hovered behind him. "Strike a pose" I said as we all readied ourselves.

A/N: And cliffhanger, sorry for that readers but next chapter will have all of the action. Sorry it has taken me so long to update my stories but I've been dealing with some stuff that I don't want to go into full detail about. Now that I no longer have to deal with such things I can get back to updating. Next time Y/N and his team are facing off with another team who do you think will come out on top and what do you think will happen after that. Now I am always answering any questions you may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later