Chapter 48: Start Of The War

Outside Of Amity Colloseum

There Y/N was, experiencing an immense pain that locked his body up preventing him from moving. A black liquid was starting to consume his body while Ruby was facing off with Mercury without her Crescent Rose. Mercury knew that with Y/N immobilized, he could deal with Ruby and finish Y/N off without any problems.

"You were just at the wrong place at the wrong time" Mercury tells Ruby. "If I had my weapon you'd be done with" Ruby says. Let's be honest kid, the only reason you've survived so long is because of your weaponized brother" Mercury says. "My brother isn't a weapon and I can hold my own without him" Ruby replies. Ruby continues to do all that she can to avoid Mercury's attacks. Y/N still unable to move watches on as his sister struggles to stay in the fight.
_________________________________________

Y/N's Mind

"This is the price for not submitting to me" the black figure tells me as I am chained to the ground. "I will force my way into your mind, body and soul, making you mine all mine" the black figure tells me. "Like I've said before and all those other times, I don't belong to you, I am free" I say trying to break the chains holding me down. "I enjoyed watching you fight and get stronger with all of those mockeries you slayed but now it is time I put a stop to that" the black figure says as two large shadowy beowolves form around it.

"I will never stop fighting, I can't and won't until there is no longer a need to fight" I say as I rip a chain out of the ground. "You can't beat me, I am the origin of darkness while you were nothing but an abused child" the figure tells me. My arm transforms into my broad sword form as I cut the other chain. I stand up and aim the sword at the shadow figure. "Those who threaten my life and the lives of the ones I swore to protect will always lose" I say. "You will be mine" the shadow figure says to me before it vanishes.

Outside Of Amity Colloseum

The black liquid on my body hardens like stone then turns to dust. I look and see that I am finally free then I see Ruby doing all that she can to avoid Mercury's attacks. "Hey asshole, get over here" I say launching my fist at Mercury. He looks over and sees my fist as it punches him in the chest then pulls him all the way to me. "Big brother, your free" Ruby says "yeah I'm free" I reply. "How is this possible?" Mercury asks confused "I have an unbreakable will" I answer before headbutting him.

"Ruby, I need you to run to the colloseum and let Ozpin know that something is coming and we need to evacuate everyone out of the city" I tell Ruby. "No time to explain, just go" I yell pointing towards the colloseum. Ruby nods her head and runs off leaving me with Mercury. Mercury is slow to recover from my headbutt "come on cripple, let's talk" I saw walking over to him.

I grab Mercury by the head and lift him up "easy man, my head hurts" he says. "I wonder why" I reply dropping him "so, you want to go for round two?" Mercury asks getting in to a fighting stance. My arm transforms into its railgun form and I aim it at Mercury's head. Seeing his impending death he gulps "you are going to tell me everything or else" I say.

"You are going to hate to hear this but I don't know the whole plan" Mercury says. "Let me guess, Cinder kept you in the dark on pretty much everything?" I ask. "Yeah, guess she felt that it was not necessary to tell Emerald and I the full plan" Mercury says. "Guess that means that you are useless to me" I say shrugging my shoulders. "So, does that mean you are going to let me live?" Mercury asks me with a nervous smile on his face.

"Maybe" I answer simply "cool, wait, did you say maybe?" Mercury asks. "Yes I did" I answer "what does that mean?" Mercury asks nervous. "Exactly what it means" I answer as my fist forms the brass knuckles and grows in size. Before Mercury could react I punch him with all of my strength. The force of my punch sent Mercury flying through the air off in the distance. "I need to get to the colloseum" I say to myself as I run off.

Time Skip

By the time that I had gotten to the colloseum it was too late. Penny was on the ground lifeless as she had been somehow shut off. Pyhrra had no clue as to what was going on, neither did the audience. "Big bro you made it" Ruby says running over to me "yeah, what happened?" I ask. "I don't know, something happened to Penny and I'm worried" Ruby answers hugging me. "She's okay, don't worry" I tell Ruby trying to comfort her.

As the crowd grew into disarray that's when it happened, the screens above the colloseum were taken over by Cinder. With the screens Cinder began to give a speech about how the headmasters of the academies are responsible for the incident. She pointedly asks what purpose Penny, a synthetic soldier disguised as an innocent little girl, could possibly serve against the indiscriminate killers of the grimm. She then called us students of Beacon academy lacking in both honor and mercy, citing Yang's unprovoked attack on Mercury and Pyrrha ruthlessly killing Penny.

A video of my rampage and attack against Tai began to play on the screen. "Let us not forget the monster that headmaster Ozpin let's roam around all of you innocent people, a monster created by the Atlas military" Cinder says. She then went on to paint the Painting the presence of the Atlesian military in Vale as a hostile occupation and Ozpin's actions as retaliation.

"So inclusion dear people, peace is fragile, the Kingdoms are at the brink of war while their citizens are left unaware" Cinder concludes as the screen turns black. That was the straw that broke the camel's back, all of that created even more negative emotions amongst the people. I could hear them coming, all of them, the grimm that were attracted to the strong negative emotions flowing through city.

Just then the sirens throughout the city began to go off blaring loudly "their here" I say. "Who's here?" Ruby asks me "them, the grimm are here" I answer. With that panic began to ensue through the people. They all began to flee from the colloseum as the grimm began to invade the city. "Y/N we need to do something" Ruby tells me "yeah we do, I'll contact the guys" I reply. "I'd try to contact the girls but my scroll got destroyed" Ruby tells me. "Don't worry, I'll contact Blake and she'll do that" I say.

It was time for the war, I guess I was finally going to serve my original purpose that scientists gave me. "Whatever you do, stay by my side" I tell Ruby as I form a blade along with my wings.

A/N: The beginning of the fall has officially begun, Y/N and the others have a long fight on their hands. There will plenty in the upcoming chapters so be ready for that. Anything and everything is going to happen, all you of readers will be left wanting more. Now, I am always answering any questions you may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better then the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you later