Chapter 36: The Coming War

Ozpin's Office

"Ozpin, you are going to explain to us how it was that grimm managed to invade the city" a voice said on a screen to Ozpin. "Well Roman Torchwick and his goons, loaded up a train with explosives and used the abandoned train tracks to deliver it here" Ozpin explained. "We of the council are worried about your leadership" another voice said. "What is there to worry about?" Ozpin asked the council. "You have a weapon walking around amongst the students" a voice answered. Ozpin knew that the council meant Y/N "I can assure you that Y/N is not a weapon, he's a hard working student and the leader of a very promising team of soon to be huntsmen" Ozpin replied.

"We've read the files Ozpin and we do not like what we have seen" a council member says. "This “student” as you so call him has large amounts of grimm blood flowing through his vains" another council member said. "I know that worries you, Y/N doesn't know any of that and so far he has done fine" Ozpin replied. "Are you sure about that?"a council member asks Ozpin "I am very sure" Ozpin answers. Suddenly images and video of Y/N pop up onto the screen. "Violent outbursts against fellow students, unknown whereabouts for almost a week and this" a council member says as a video of Y/N's grimm like arm killing the cyber grimm appears.

Ozpin did not know of that one and was surpised to see it happen. "You better have a good explanation for this Ozpin" a council member says. "For the fights, Y/N was defending himself and sticking up for his fellow students, with the unknown whereabouts, I knew where he was the whole time, he was investigating the dust robberies and stopped Roman and the White Fang and with that last one, that is just another ability of his biotech arm" Ozpin said lying about the last one. "Okay then, explain to us how he is the only one able to stop these “cyber grimm” for good?" a council member asked.

"So far from what I have seen, Y/N's nano machines allow him to absorb the cores of those artificial grimm killing them permanently" Ozpin answered. "And once he does this, he gains a new weapon after he gets an upgraded weapon from absorbing the core" a council member said. "Yes that does happen, but so far it is the only effective means of stopping the artificial grimm" Ozpin replied. "It proves that he is a weapon, if it steps out of line we will send someone to put it down and or come in and put a muzzle with collar and leash on it" a council member says.

Ozpin sighs knowing that wouldn't work and how much trouble it would end up causing. "I understand, will that be all?" Ozpin asks "no, due to your bad leadership, we are appointing James Ironwood as head of security for the Vytal festival" a council member answers. With that the meeting was over and the screen turned black. Ozpin walked over to his desk and sat down drinking his coffee. Ozpin then pulls up the video of Y/N and his grimm arm. He closely watches the video as it plays over and over again.

"Is this your doing Clark or is it hers?" Ozpin asks as the he continues to watch the video playing.
_____________________________________

Team CYBR Dorm

I was alone in my team's dorm room, my team had gone out together and would be back soon. I was doing nothing but relaxing and thinking about what had happened today. I couldn't help but have this weird feeling looking at my arm. It had never done something like that before and that voice, I hadn't heard it in awhile. I didn't know what happened and I felt as though I wouldn't know until it was too late. Just then I heard a knock at the door, it pulled me out of my thoughts. I got up and decided to see who it was, when I got to the door and opened it I saw Yang standing there.

"Hey there Y/N" she said "hey Yang" I replied, Yang had a weird look on her face right now. I could feel the awkward tension between the two of us. "Can I ask why your here?" I asked "well you see, before we left to go on the mission, Ruby and I received a package with Zwei in it" Yang answered. That confused me a bit who would send a dog to someone in a package. "The package came from dad and it had a letter with it" Yang continued. There it was Tai, Tai was the one who did it, of course he would, he was always irresponsible like that.

"Okay, what's this got to do with me?" I asked opening the door all the way. Yang came inside and I closed the door behind her. "It's not good, especially for you" Yang answered. "Don't worry Yang, I can take it" I replied. Yang then took a piece of paper out of her pocket and unfolded it before giving it to me. "I didn't let Ruby read it but I think you should" Yang said. I then began to read what the letter had said.

"To Yang and Ruby -
Hey there my sweethearts, I know this is sudden but I am leaving Zwei in your care. I know Beacon's policies but I also know Ozpin and the teachers there, so I won't have to worry about you and your friends getting in trouble because of it. I've left you with enough food to feed Zwei for over a month or so. After that I leave the rest up to you. I am sorry for this being so sudden but something has come up and I need to leave Patch to take care of some personal matters of my own. Once I've finished there, I'll drop by to watch you girls fight in the Vytal festival. I'll also be dealing with that good for nothing piece of shit while I'm at it. He's hidden from us for long enough, now it's time for some punishment. Once he has been dealt with I promise you girl's that our life will be better. Hell, I might have you angels join me in finishing him off.
Love Dad - "

I folded the letter back up and gave it back to Yang "and you didn't let Ruby read it?" I asked. "Like I said, I didn't want her to see it" Yang answered "that's good, who knows what she might have done" I said. "If you are wondering, I didn't tell him you were here, not me nor Ruby" Yang said. "If it wasn't you who did it, then who was it?" I asked. "I don't know and I can't say who it was for certain" Yang answered. "I know Ruby won't but if and when he does come, will you join him in trying to beat me up?" I asked.

"No, I'm not that stupid, I don't want to be Robin Hood's, the big bad wolf's and Paul Bunyan's next target" Yang answered. "Will you warn him?" I asked "I'll let him know you aren't as weak as you once were and now you have friends" Yang answered. "I see then" I said "I wanted to show you sooner but things happened" Yang replied. "I get it" I said as Yang left for the door,  before she left I stopped her. "Yang, I am coming to terms with my demons and excepting them, are you?" I asked.

Yang stopped and turned to face me "I want to rebuild my relationship with my baby sister and so far I've done a good job at it, I don't plan on screwing up now or later" she answered before leaving. As the door closed I sat down on my bed "alright then, let's see how things turn out" I said to myself.
_____________________________________

Vale Rooftop

On a rooftop overlooking Vale, stands Cinder along with Emerald and Mercury. "Today was a success for our plans" Cinder said "are you sure about that?" Mercury asked. "Yes I am sure" Cinder answered "really? because it looked like Y/N gained a new weapon and upgraded his other ones" Mercury said. "Mercury is kind of right, I thought we were supposed to bring him over to our side and not let the Hand of Creation get to him even more" Emerald said. "She wants to see him at his strongest and that requires Y/N killing those abominations and taking their power" Cinder replied.

"Either way, it's not like we can do much now, Roman is captured and a lot  of faunus were trapped in tunnel, I don't think they'll exactly listen to you" Mercury said. "Will the White Fang listen to you now?" Emerald asked Cinder. "They won't listen to her but they'll definitely listen to me" a voice answers. The three turn around to see a large figure step out of the shadows. "So Adam you've finally decided to make yourself known" Cinder says. "Why wouldn't I? a war is coming and I plan on taking back what is mine and killing the one who took her" Adam replied.

A/N: Alright season 2 is over and season three has just begun. A war is coming and Adam Taurus has appeared. What will happen to Y/N when Tai shows up, will Yang actually not join him. What is going to happen to Y/N now that the council has deemed Y/N dangerous and what are the plans Cinder has for him. All of those questions will soon be revealed in future chapters, so be ready. Now I am always answering any questions you may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better then the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later