Chapter 18: Deep Cover

Vale

I had been looking for Blake wherever she was was for some time now and so far I've had no luck. I couldn't hear her voice throughout Vale and I couldn't pick up her scent. She was doing a good job at hiding from me it seemed like Blake didn't want me to find her. She must of known I'd find out about her running away and want to go and look for her.

Knowing Blake she would want to do anything to prove herself to the others. To do that she would need to do something very dangerous. I had to think about that what would be dangerous. Then it hit me the dust robberies were going on. The white fang had been robbing dust stores and only taking the dust. That might be something Blake would look into.

Now I knew what to look for, now I just needed to find out more about it. I figured that the first place to look would be in Vale's criminal underworld. They wouldn't talk to a hunter in training. But they might talk to a scary monster. I needed a mask and I needed to make a name for myself. First I went to an old mask shop and looked around for something to wear. It didn't take me long to find a mask that would work.

It was a simple black mask with horns. I purchased it and put it on. When I did something happened to the mask. My nano machines began to cover the mask and did something to it. When they went back inside my body the mask had been upgraded and had a new color scheme. The mask was gold and black now and enhanced the abilities of eyes and altered my voice.

With my new mask I went out and began a new mission that would help me find Blake and bring her home

______________________________________

Time Skip

From there Y/N began to hunt the criminals in Vale every night. He struck fear into them everytime he appeared. Criminals became weary of him as they called him the gold demon. With each crime Y/N stopped he got closer and closer to what the white fang were going to next. He continued to do this over and over again and if the criminals didn't give him what he wanted they paid. Y/N's nano machine enhanced body made him the perfect specter he could appear out of nowhere and vanish into thin air.

One night Y/N appeared at a bar named Junior's owned by a shady man named Junior. Y/N appeared from the shadows as the place was empty leaving only him and Junior inside. "So you must be the golden demon a specter that is making things hard for the criminals around here" Junior said to Y/N. Y/N looked at the man and said nothing he then raised his arm in the air and made it form a sword. "I will tell you this now demon I'm not the most innocent guy in the world but you do not come into my establishment and threaten me" Junior told Y/N.

He ignored him and stepped forward worrying Junior a little. "Melanie and Miltia deal with this fool" Junior said. Suddenly two girls appeared in front of Y/N. One had bladed heels as a weapon the other had claws as a weapon. "So sis let's take down this piece of trash" Melanie told Miltia "let's" Miltia replied.

The two women charged at Y/N ready to attack him. Y/N saw this and readied himself for their attacks. He dodged Melanie's kicks then grabbed her leg and threw her through a wall. Miltia tried to claw at Y/N who put up and shield and blocked her attacks. Y/N then quickly changed his hand into a blade whip and broke Miltia's claws. Before she could do anything else Y/N made his whip turn to normal and wrapped it around her neck.

As he tightened it Miltia began to struggle to break free. Y/N charged up the whip with electricity and made the whip shock Miltia multiple time knocking her out. With that Y/N threw her body to the side and faced down Junior who was all alone now. Y/N's arm returned to normal as he walked over to Junior who was still behind the counter. This time Junior began to panic a little bit then he had an idea that might save him.

"Your a tough guy, shame though you could of made a killing be a mercenary for hire" Junior said to Y/N. Y/N continued to walk over to Junior who simply tightened up his tie "stop right there demon unless you want to get blown to a million pieces" Junior told Y/N. Y/N took one more step before he was hit by a rocket. There Junior stood with his rocket launcher in his hands laughing at what he had just done.

"I warned you" Junior said to the cloud of smoke. Then something happened that Junior had not expected there was a large gust of wind and there still standing was Y/N. "That should of killed you" Junior said in a panicked voice. Y/N walked to where Junior was who was now in a fear. Junior fired another rocket at Y/N. The same thing that happened again Y/N was still standing. Junior fired more rockets at Y/N as he got closer and closer to him.

Before Junior could fire his last rocket at Y/N he was already there standing in front of him. Y/N grabbed Junior by the neck and began to choke him out. Quickly Junior smashed his rocket launcher against Y/N's head. To Junior's suprise his rocket launcher shattered into pieces against Y/N's head. "I was not expecting that" Junior said.

Y/N made his robotic arm change into a shotgun. Y/N fired a round next to Junior's head scaring him. "N..n...nice arm" Junior said to Y/N with a stutter. Y/N got real close to Junior's face scaring him. "Tell about the dust robberies" Y/N said "w...what?" Junior asked not believing that Y/N could talk. "Where are the white fang taking all of the dust?" Y/N asked again. "The dust? I don't know anything about that" Junior said.

Y/N was getting irritated now he switched his shotgun arm to the saw blade. It began to spin making a loud noise. Y/N moved it closer and closer to Junior's face making him panic even more. "Don't lie to ME" Y/N said "okay...okay I'll tell you everything I know" Junior said waving his arms in the air. Y/N put the saw blade away and changed his arm back to normal.

"Roman Torchwic has a crew of white fang putting a whole shipments of dust on a ship leaving Vale tomorrow night" Junior said. Y/N raised his arm making Junior flinch a bit Y/N let go of Junior and began to walk away. He turned and faced Junior one more time "tell no one about this if you do you will die painfully" Y/N told Junior. With that Y/N vanished quickly causing Junior to fall to the ground.

Melanie and Miltia came back inside through the hole in the wall Melanie created. "Where did he go boss?" Melanie asked "yeah what happened here looks like a bomb went off?" Miltia asked. "Nothing girls just clean up this mess" Junior answered leaving the bar. "Also I need a new weapon something happened to my other one" Junior told the women.

Elsewhere

Y/N was perched up on a ledge with his mask off thinking about what had just happened back there. Everything he did was that mental training the scientist did to him. Making him kill of all of those simulated grimm over and over again like when he was forced to kill Ruby over and over again. That Y/N back there was a trained killing machine the perfect soldier and weapon. It was also someone that Y/N didn't want to be and didn't like using.

But he needed to use that Y/N now if he was going to bring Blake back and now stop Roman Torchwic's illegal activities with the white fang. With this new piece of information Y/N vanished to find where the white fang were hiding.

A/N: Man readers that was a pretty cool chapter I do hope you all enjoyed it. I know someone of think that Y/N is to peaceful I hope this chapter changes your mind a bit about that. Y/N may not like killing but he will if he has to. I do hope you all are ready for what's about to go down in the next chapter. Now I am always answering any questions you readers may have about the story or anything else in general. If there is a question that you want answered either message me or comment on a chapter with your question. I will do my best to answer your question to the best of my ability. As usual the feedback helps me make sure that the next chapter is better than the last one. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later