Part 23

INKHEART

***********************************

At Hajiya's residence

The house was all noisy, loud and clamorous, distinct noise from different corners, jubilating the news of khaleefa and fatima's pregnancy.
It was a celebration itself because their late father always dreamt of meeting his grandchildren, so they decided to throw a small party on behalf of him.

Everyone was so happy about the news, they all celebrated with the soon to be parents. It was a happy occasion for the first time in a while.

Shortly, the invitee's left, leaving just the family members alone.
Khaleefa broke the silence with dua (prayer), he prayed for the safety of their unborn child and for all of them , then everybody chanted "Amin" to end the prayer.

Khaleefa and fatima seeked blessings from Hajiya before they left, while khadijah and Anisah as well as fatima's friends escorted them all to their car before bidding them goodbye, just then Khalid made his way through with a white camry, he parked the car beside Khaleefa's and sauntered out of it.
He gave khaleefa a bro hug before proceeding to the ladies, he specifically greeted fatima and also congratulated them both.
He waved at the rest and threw a dashing wink to sumayya, not knowing fatima catched a glimpse of that.

*

******
"Hey" ! she called, bumping sumayya with her shoulder.

What's going on here, "she asked" .

"What"? Nothing! just bidding my best friend goodbye, I don't know why you are asking obvious questions, "Sumayya fired"!

And why are you getting tensed up over this, just tell me what's going on between you and khalid.

"What do you mean fatima"! He is just a friend, she merely said.

A friend eh, I saw him throwing you a wink and you blushed back, I don't think it is just friend but I will get to the bottom of it.

"Yeah, yeah! whatever", Miss de-tective, sumayya teased.

Ladies are we not done yet, it's getting late, khaleefa spoke .

"Bye"! Fatima yelled as she got inside the car. They waved back before going inside.

*********

Didn't you noticed something between sumayya and khalid, fatima broke the silence.

"Like what" ?? Khaleefa asked readjusting his seatbelt.

Like, they are in love with each other, fatima added.

You have started assuming things again, I hope it is not this pregnancy of yours that is making you see things, khaleefa teased.

Oh! you please!, you never take anything seriously, I hope it is not the anxiousness of been a dad making you unserious this days, she teased back.

"ha-ha" you got me there, he laughed sarcastically.

We will see who was right all along very soon, "fatima reassured".