Part 13

Eid update 💥

********

Today's khaleefa's birthday. Actually it's his first birthday here in Nigeria.
Let me clarify everything here.

Khaleefa's family lived in Canada for quite a long time, until they relocated to Nigeria living Khaleefa there with his aunt. He was only ten then, Khadijah was four while Anisah was two.
Khaleefa stayed in Canada for almost twenty years. After their father's death he decided to come back home (Nigeria) when he was all matured.

What I mean by his first birthday in Nigeria is ; first birthday celebration.
Since he came back to Nigeria, whenever his birthday comes up there was no party, just simple wishes and that is it. So today's different.

*********

5:00pm

The house was filled up in no time .
Friends and family were all present, some long lost family were all reunited at Khaleefa's party from both sides.
The house was decorated with so many flowers and other decorating stuffs. You could say it was a wedding.

**********

Knock! Knock!

Yes? Who's at the door. Khaleefa's voice came.

Open and find out, a particular person replied.

*Opens door* Wh__, hey dude it's been so long.
You guys? Oh I'm so excited you guys came. Khaleefa joyfully said giving his two friends a bone crushing hug.

How's Canada back there, he asked.

Since you left nothing was ever right, Umar Farouq boasted.

Indeed! Farouq is right. Ahmad Hanif also said.

Why are you acting like you don't know why I came back. You better stop boasting around and come down with me the party is about to start.

Yes, yes, whatever. Where's Mrs. Khaleefa. Ahmad Hanif asked on the way.

You will meet, let's go down now, he enunciated.

*********

Prayers was said by one of Khaleefa's uncle (Uncle Ibrahim - step brother to khaleefa's father).

Ya Aisha and Ahmad came along with the kids. Aunt Salma was also present she also came along with Safiya.
Many of his friends came too.

The party started, gifts were presented to him __plenty. Then the cake and refreshments were cut and served respectively. They all danced and at last pictures were been taken by the hired photographer.

The guests started bidding their goodbyes and in no time they all left.
Only Ya Aisha, her husband and kids then Aunt Salma and Safiya decided to stay till the next day.

*************

Babe! Why are you frowning? Ahmad was absolutely joking__ fatima explained.

How can you say that. He really meant what he said __ Khaleefa prostrated(not as in bow/lie flat __it also means emotionally devastated).

He was just complimenting on my beauty __ "fatima you are beautiful, Masha Allah. I love you already".
And the iloveyou part it was just a joke. I mean he's your friend and you know him better than me so why didn't you understand he was just joking around with your emotions.