Bunny (Chaos x mysterion)- Maybe villains can have happy endings

Start from the beginning

It had been three months since the day that Proffesor Chaos had dissapeared. No one knew why, but it seemed that the villain had simply vanished into thin air, allowing the heros to clean up the streets in peace. Kenny chuckled, watching from the doorway of his kitchen as the boy who had once been his arch nemesis danced from side to side in a hello kitty apron to the song 'cooking by the book', while mixing what Kenny now realised was supposed to be his surprise birthday cake. " AGH!" Leo spluttered when he noticed the boy, nearly dropping the mixture onto the floor. " Hey Buttercup" Kenny laughed at the blush covering the ex-villains face. " You werent supposed to be home yet" Butters mumbled. " Aww, are you not happy to see me?" Kenny pouted teasingly, laughing at the reaction he got. " NO! OF COURSE IM HAPPY ITS JUST! I UH.. Well.. this was supposed to be a surprise." Butters admitted, nervously rubbing his neck as he set the bowl down. Kenny felt his heart thumping as he stared lovingly at the blonde. " Well uh.. What if I pretend I didnt see it?" Kenny offered. " No thats dumb" Leo giggled adorably, making Kenny smile and feel the sudden uncontrollable urge to wrap him in a hug. He grinned, stepping closer and squeezing him tightly to his chest, ignoring the flour that was getting all over his clothes. " AgH kEnnY!" Butters laughed, although he smiled widely, unable to resist the desire to hug him back. The two stood in the kitchen, both smiling warmly as they held eachother close in comfortable silence as their giggles died down. " So why are you home so early anyways" Butters asked curiously as the pair continued to hug. Kenny shrugged. " I just figured that I'd rather spend my birthday with you than at work. I offered to work at the weekend so he said it was ok for me to take the day off" Kenny admitted. Butters was glad that his face was hidden, since it meant that Kenny couldnt see the deep red blush drowning his face right now. Kenny had done that just to spend the day with him? "  Now lets finish this cake...together" Kenny smiled, pulling away from the hug and smirking when he caught sight of how red his friends face was. " What do you need me to do?" Kenny asked helpfully, looking towards Leo like a dog waiting for orders. " Uh.. Could you grease the baking tray for me please?" Butters asked politely, still not used to asking people for help. Kenny nodded, saluting Leo and making him laugh as he continued mixing the batter. Kenny hummed absentmindedly, making Butters realise that the music had stopped playing a while ago. He considered turning it on again, but decided against it, enjoying the sweet sound coming from Kenny more than any music he had ever heard. " You're really good at that" Leo smiled as he mixed. " At what, greasing the pan?" Kenny laughed in confusion. " No, at singing. You should do it more often. It sounds nice." Butters admitted, making Kenny blush as his heart skipped a beat. Kenny grinned, walking up to his friend and setting the pan down as he finished greasing it. He wrapped his arms around Leos waist from behind, resting his head on his shoulder and watching him stir the batter." Can I try some? " Kenny asked, licking his lips at the bowl. " Fine, but only a little" Butters smiled, taking some from the corner of the bowl and holding his finger over his shoulder, hovering it in front of his friends lips, who gladly licked it off, the feeling of his tongue making Leo blush. " Mmm... Its good. You should try some too" Kenny smirked, scooping some from the side onto his own finger and holding it out to Leo like he had done for him. " Ew no, I dont want salmonella" Butters laughed. Kenny grinned mischeviously in response. " Fine then" He chuckled, wiping the mixture onto the boys nose instead. " HEY!" Butters giggled, going to get a tissue to wipe it off. When his nose was clean, he came back, sighing thoughtfully as he bit his lip. " Ken, can I ask you something?" Kenny looked at him, nodding in response. " Why me?" Leo said in a quiet voice. Kenny tilted his head in confusion. " Its just... You are so amazing and perfect and... You could be spending your time with supermodels and billionaires as Mysterion but you chose to spend your birthday with me. And when I asked for your help three months ago. I was such a terrible person. You had every right to lock me up and never speak to me again. But instead you helped me change." Butters spluttered, his eyes welling with tears as Kenny held his hands comfortingly. " Kenny you mean the world to me... I just dont understand what someone like you sees in someone like me" Butters admitted sadly. He looked up at Kenny, surprised to see tears in his eyes too before Kenny hugged him tightly. " Leo you are so much better than you think. You admitted that you were wrong and you wanted to change and that takes so much courage. I helped you because I knew you butterfly and I knew that you deserved better. Proffessor Chaos wasnt you. This is you. The adorable little goofball who dances to kids songs while baking cake" Kenny chuckled lightly. He pulled away, holding his friends shoulders as he looked him in the eyes. " And I really, really like who you are." He finished. Leo smiled warmly at him, heart pounding in his ears. " Kenny I think... Kenny I think that I might..." Butters tried to get out, but he couldnt seem to say what he was feeling inside. He took a deep breath, putting on a determined expression. Kenny had done so much for him, admitting his feelings was the least that Leo could do in return. And he knew he could do this. Kenny believed in him, and that was all he needed. " Kenny I love you." He admitted. Kenny looked at him with wide, hopeful eyes. " Huh?" Kenny asked in disbelief. " Can I... can I kiss you?" Butters asked shyly.  Kenny smiled widely, making Butters yelp in surprise when he grabbed his face and pulled him in for a sweet, meaningful kiss. Leo smiled against his lips. Maybe villains can have happy endings.