[18] Telephone game

Scarlett

Scarlett

I sat there gazing at the beach. I have no idea what I should feel right now.

Sighing, I shook my head standing up. When I turned around I came face to face with Damon.

"Shit! You scared me " I place a hand on my chest.

"Why you still up?! " He asked slipping his hand into pockets.

"Leave that, tell me when you are going to finally speak to your best friend" I questioned and Damon brows furrowed.

"Who told you?! " He asked blinking his eyes.

"Your best friend norah. I think you should speak with her , she misses you " I said wrapping my hand around his neck and placing my head on his shoulder.

For some odd reason I wanted to hug someone. Damon was taken aback from my action, I could sense him standing erect and after few second his body relaxed and he wrapped his hand around my waist.

"So, did she tell you everything? " He queried

"I guess! She almost answered all my questions " I replied, I sensed someone was watching us. I raised my eyes to see xavier standing outside his tent. His eyes fixed on mine.

Like always I was unable to predict the emotions running in his eyes.

"Goodnight " I pulled away from Damon. He gave me a curt nod and greeted back walking away towards his tent.

I moved towards xavier, with each step towards him my heart beat became faster. Now when I finally know who is in xavier heart, I shouldn't feel like this when he is around me. Like Norah said I don't want to become a villian in anyone love story.

I should let this one sided love of mine free...

I stood in front of him, his eyes fixed on mine and like always I could only see pure love in his eyes which isn't the truth. I misjudged the emotions in his eyes, he surely loves me but like a friend.

But ─── Why can't my heart believe it's not love! Why do I feel his eyes says otherwise.

Shaking off the thoughts in my mind, I smiled at him.
He stared at me with confusion plastered on his face, "Goodnight " I whispered and walked past him.

Have you ever wondered how do you kill yourself without actually dying ?? It's quite simple. Love someone who doesn't love you back who has someone else in their heart!

◕◕◕◕◕

Entire day went off soon and now we all were sitting in front of bonfire.
We sat in the form of circle. I sat in between katniss and xavier.

Jason threw glares in my direction but I shrugged it off.

"Why don't we play telephone game?! " Norah suggested placing her head on xavier shoulder.

"I am not gonna sit besides you then" Damon commented looking at Norah.

Yes, Norah and Damon finally spoke and everything is somewhat sorted between them. On the other hand, I and xavier are still trying to come out of this awkward phase.

"C'mon you know it's gonna be fun " She pouted scrunching her nose.

"Alright! "

Everyone agreed to play the telephone game!

"I will start then, " Norah cleared her throat. Pouting her lips she winked at Damon and muttered something in xavier ear.

Xavier turned to me and my damn poor heart beat hastened.

He leaned in and whispered something in my ear and I have no freakin' idea what he said cause all my attention was seized by his close proximity.

I turned to Katniss and whispered whatever bits and pieces I heard, " doorknobs and doors and hinges "

She batted her eyelids and eyed me suspiciously. She very well knew I didn't get the sentence cause I was preoccupied with the concept of xavier being close to me.

Once the round was done. Damon said loudly, "Doorknobs and doors hinges "

"What? Noo... That was doorknobs and doorjambs with hasps and hinges " Norah completed and everyone clapped.

Damon rolled his eyes and gulped down Amarone - A bitter taste Italian wine.

"Freaking shit! " He closed his eyes shut shaking his head. Everyone erupted in laughter.
So the thing is whenever the last person gets the wrong sentence he is supposed to gulp down this bitter tasted wine.

It was Xavier turn, his eyes lingered on mine for quite a few seconds before he leaned closer to my ear.

I tried not to react but anxiety welled up in my stomach. He pushed a rogue stand of my hair away and his lips brushed against my ear lobe. A shiver ran down my spine when his hot breath hit my skin. I held the hem of my dress tightly.

"I love you! " He whispered and my entire world stopped. A thick silence sweeped all over the surrounding. He stayed close to me, I was clearly able to listen to his steady breathes and on the other hand I was struggling to breathe.

He slowly moved away from me and I gulped down the lump formed in my throat.

I diverted my attention to katniss and whispered, "I - I love - you " I was stammering.

She opened her eyes wide, she looked between Xavier and Damon for a second and threw a smile in my direction.

Once the round was over, Norah burst out laughing, "Xavier you seriously said this, " She giggled and continued, "A pig playing a hockey "

Xavier snapped his head in my direction and I titled my head to look at katniss who mouthed, 'I love you more '

Katniss changed the sentence!

"Baby please tell me this is the sentence. I don't want to drink that" She pointed at the bottle.

Xavier smiled at her and said, "It is correct "

I let out a sigh of relief.

Why is Xavier so confusing? What does he want?

The game continued and we all enjoyed it a lot. Norah isn't that bad.

❤...