[44] Engaged.

Scarlett

Scarlett

I blink looking at the intrigued eyes staring at me waiting for my answer.
What do I answer? I'm sure about my feelings towards Xavier but this is a huge step.

I tardily tilt my head to look at the Xavier only to find him already gazing back at me.

A quiescent silence zoomed the hall as my orbs met his blue ones. Both of us looking at each other trying to find an answer which is best for us. After a very long pause both of us replied in unison.

"NO!"

"Sorry what? Am I the only one who heard it as no?" Damon asked with confusion laced on his face. It was not only Damon but every other person who was sitting here had the same baffled look.

"Why?!" Norah asked.

I clear my throat, "Umm, the thing is – I'm sure about my feelings towards him but Xavier has never really told me that he likes me... Everyone here knows I really like Xavier a lot but I have never heard Xavier confessing any such things so I don't want to pressurise him."

Xavier has only stated that he won't hurt me and he will never break my heart but that doesn't mean he likes me the way I do.

Xavier furrowed his brows staring at me, "So you mean our kiss doesn't have any meaning. You think without having any feelings for you I kissed you."

Okay, I didn't think about this.

"Wait! You kissed her? And here I thought if I kiss Damon it will be like cheating you!" Norah stood up placing her hand on her hips with her eyes narrowed.

"I guess you children need some time alone. We will meet you at downstairs." With this all the adults walked out leaving us alone.

I didn't utter a word, my eyes were glued to the ground.

"It wasn't planned alright. It just happened... " Xavier explained it to Norah.

"Norah, what's done is done... You need to get ready for today and let's leave them alone. I think they need to speak with each other first. I still can't believe both of you said NO!" Damon uttered and walked out along with Norah.

After a long pause I elevate my eyelids and look at Xavier.

"Why did you say no?! I had my reasons. What about you? You don't like me enough to say yes right?!" I muttered digging my nails into the leather couch.

"That's not the reason. I like you okay or else I would have never kissed you. I like you for a long time now since the day we shared our first kiss, I keep thinking only about you." Xavier stooped down in front of me and held both my hands in his.

Looking into my eyes he smiled and continued, "You have given me a second chance Scar, I don't want to rush. I definitely don't want to propose you like this. When my parents asked you for an answer you hesitated a bit and I want to erase that hesitation. Somewhere you still have doubt about my feelings towards you and I want to erase all those doubts. We have many pending dates left... And finally after all this when I propose I don't want it to be so dry. I want to see your eyes gleam with happiness. I want you experience and capture all our special moments." He raised my hands closer to his lips and softly kissed my palm.

"But you can say yes for one thing now... " He paused, I raised my brow questioning.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He winked making me bite my lip and blush densely.

"Yes." I replied, he quickly let his hand slide behind my neck and pulled me closer placing his lips on mine. Before he could deepen the kiss we heard someone clearing their throat.

I jerked myself away from him and stood up with my face flushed. I took a quick glance at the invader and started coughing.

It was Xavier's mom!

Amazing...

"Yes mom?" Xavier asked with a playful tone. Oh he is enjoying this.

"Kids these days... Just few minutes before you both said no and now you are —" She trailed off for a second, "Anyways lunch is ready, come down stairs when your done with whatever you were doing!"

"So where were we?" Xavier asked smirking at me.

"Nowhere, we better go downstairs now... "

●●

"I still can't believe that you guys exchanged your pairs." Katniss said plopping down on my bed.

The party was success, Norah and Damon looked so happy and cute together.

"As if you didn't knew that was going to happen!" I roll my eyes while making my way towards the closet.

"Yeah yeah..." She uttered walking towards the balcony.

I was selecting my night suit when I heard katniss yelling, "What the actual fuck! What are you doing here?!"

I quickly tossed my night suit on bed and dashed towards the balcony only to find Xavier standing in front of katniss.

Seriously?

"What is he doing here sky?" Katniss turned to face me with skeptical look laced on her face.

"I can ask you the same right? What are you doing in scar room? Why don't you go and stay with Jason. You both are dating right?!" Xavier uttered casually whilst leaning against the door frame.

"Right! I will go to Jason and inform him that Xavier Thorn is sneaking inside Scarlett room... Nice idea dude." Katniss challenged smirking at him.

Before Xavier could answer I interrupted, "He is here to say goodnight and now Katniss go inside I will come in a minute," I said but she didn't budge a little.

"Please kat..." I pouted making puppy like face.

"I will give you one minute and if you won't come inside I will call Jason. And you — don't you know there is something called door which people use to come inside the house."

"As if your boyfriend is going to allow me to enter through door at this hour!" Xavier shrugged.

Katniss made her way inside the room.

"Why are you here?!" I crossed my hand in front of my chest.

"I missed my girlfriend." He winked pulling me closer to him.

I smile the very next moment. Wait! I was suppose to act tough...

"I'm taking you out tomorrow, don't ask where. We haven't decided yet..." He said running his finger in my hair while his nose tip brushed against mine.

"What do you mean by we? "

"Damon, Norah, Jason, Katniss and us... All of us are going out tomorrow. " My heart fluttered when he addressed me and him as us.

"Sky? Are you done?" Came Katniss voice from inside.

"I need to go... Goodnight." I kissed his cheek.

"Goodnight, please don't ask anyone to sleep in your room tomorrow..." He leaned in giving me a kiss on my lips.

"Bye!" I whisper pulling away from him.

❤...