[11] missed him.

SCARLETT :

I went to restroom, cleaned maskara stains off my cheek, washed my face and then headed towards department.

I am going to surprise Jason. He will be so happy to see this tropy.
For few minutes I blocked the thoughts of xavier from my mind because I don't want to ruin Jason mood.

I walked into our department to find Jason standing in front of his locker and looking at his phone.
Ugh..! Always with his phone.

"Jason " I chirped , He jumped slightly out of shock and turned to face me.

"What the... Scarlett. You startled me. "He speaks dramatically keeping his hand on his chest.

"Well Well, let me see what you have in your phone that you don't at all notice what's happening around you " I ask raising an eye brow.

"Nothing of your intrest " He shrugs.

"Whatever " I say dismissively "Guess who won the dance competition. " I grin blinking my eyes.

"Oh my " He takes a long stride in my direction and gave me bone crushing hug "Congrats little one. I'm so very happy for you " He kissed top of my head.

I lift my head to take a look at his face, his eyes twinkling with happiness.
See this is what I wanted to see. Happiness in my brother eyes.

I could hear distant whispering. I pull myself away from Jason to take a look of my surrounding. People were gawking at us.

Gosh..! I know what these people are thinking about mine and Jason relationship.

"Not again, I don't want to be a hot topic of Winterville High gossip. " I speak with annoyed tone.

Jason chuckles and clears his throat ready to make an announcement.
"Okay people out here, before you make assumptions about my relationship with this beautiful lady next to me , let me officially introduce you all to my little sister Scarlett Henderson, I will be holding a party this Friday which is tomorrow " He pauses wrapping his hand around my shoulder "... And the invitation is open for all " Saying this he pulled me out of the department.

"Jason I need to tell you something..?! " I said securing seat belt.

"Yes,  I am all ears " He replied casually.

He is so casual right now. I don't know how he is going to react after he gets to know that xavier is back.

"I will tell you later " I replied turning on the radio.

After few minutes Jason got a call.

'Yes man. ' Jason answered the call.
I don't know what the other person on call told him, he applied sudden brakes and turned in my direction.
I won't lie, for a split second I got scared looking at his fuming eyes.

He parked the car aside. Taking a deep breathe he turns his attention to me "when the fuck were you planning to tell me about that bastard " His tone was so harsh that I was taken aback.
Jason never speaks to me like this.

I kept staring at him unable to speak anything.
"Did you speak to him " He asked rubbing his temples

"No " I replied looking at my lap.
"YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO SPEAK TO HIM.. " Jason ordered me.

I didn't move my gaze away from my lap nor did I answer.
"I AM I CLEAR SCARLETT...???? " His voice was so loud that I shuddered.
"Yes.. " My voice was more like a whisper.

"I just want you to be happy Scarlett, I love you, I can't see you hurt. " Jason comforted me.

"I know Jason, I did see him today" His brows knitted listening to me ".. But I didn't speak to him, I don't care about him anymore nor does he affect me anymore " So that was a big fat lie just to comfort my brother.

"Really ? "See even Jason doesn't believe me.

"Yes " I replied gulping the lump in my throat.

◕◕◕◕◕

My phone went off when I was getting dolled up.
"Yes " I answered, katniss hesitated to speak for a second, "Whatever it is bring it on! " I babbled applying the lip gloss.

"Do you mind -" She cleared her throat again "if - if xaviercomestoyourparty " she said in the wink of an eye.

"Sorry what? " I asked again.

"Sky, do you mind if xavier comes to your party?" She said and fell silent, you've got to be kidding me?

"Uh... I don't mind but I am not sure if Jason will be fine and I definitely don't want to disappoint my brother for some xyz person " I tried not to stammer while speaking.

"Don't worry about jason, I will make sure they don't cross the path.Thank you so much sky " with that she disconnected the call.

Way to go!!! Xavier in the party! Can things get more worse?

I walked down the stairs to see jason speaking with few guys. He looked in my direction and threw a warming smile, I acknowledged it with a smile.

There was soft music playing in the background. I made my way through the dance floor towards the kitchen to grab something to drink.

When I walked out, I saw Katniss entering through the main door, I took long strides towards her but stopped suddenly looking at the person who entered behind her.

Her eyes scanned the entire place and finally landed on mine, instantly her face lit up.
"Sky!! You are looking so damn sexy" She said giving me a quick hug.

My heart was racing as I could sense intense gaze from that someone from whom I am running.

"You don't look bad for yourself " I said scrunching up my nose.

She pushed a strand behind her ear and dropped her gaze to my hand, looking back at the kitchen she asked, "Do you have stock of Red Bull?"

"I guess, I'm not sure, why don't you check it " I stepped aside giving her the space to walk away.

The real reason was I wanted to run away from here cause Xavier was few feets away from me and I can't handle it any longer.

"I will be quick " She said and walked away alone leaving Xavier.

Is she serious right now?

I need to get out of his sight, I started walking looking everywhere but him, when I was next to him my hand slightly brushed against him and breathed in harshly.

I bit my inside cheek and took one more step forward ignoring the tingling sensation in my stomach.

"Not even a hii scar?" his gravely calm voice rung in my ears making me halt.
I didn't turn around nor did I walk away, it's been long I haven't heard his voice.

We both stood there for how long I don't know, our backs facing each each.Just as I was about to walk away he said, " I missed you scar! " for some unknown reason I wanted to believe him.

Deep down I know it's a lie. If he had missed me he would have contacted me, hell! contacting me is far atleast didn't I deserve a proper goodbye?

❤...

A/N : Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!