[40] Prom

Scarlett

Scarlett

I closed my eyes shut drinking down all the agony which had welled up in my heart.

"Damon, Umm - Can you drop me at my place? I would've asked jason but you see he is busy on stage... " I utter while massaging my temples.

"Hey, you okay?! " Damon cupped my cheeks and titled my face upwards. He stared down at my eyes and sighed, "Listen Scarlett... I don't know what to say but if you are thinking about what happened on stage then — " Before Damon could continue his sentence I jerked myself away from him.

"It's okay if you don't want to drop me... I can take a cab. " I announced turning around but was stopped when a hand held my wrist firmly.

"I will drop you. "

Both I and Damon ambled towards the auditorium door, I took in a deep breath and turned around to look at the stage. Xavier and Norah stood at the centre posing at the camera...

I felt numb within...

After reaching home, I took a quick shower and sprawled on bed with chocolates, doritos while FRIENDS was playing on the screen.

I veiled the duvet around me like cocoon. Albeit my eyes were gazing at the screen but my mind replayed the scene from act... Huffing I shake my head a little.

Suddenly a knock on the door broke my reveries.

"Who? "

"Katniss... "

I slowly pulled myself out of bed and strolled towards the mirror, taking one last glance at my fatigue figure I sighed moving towards the door. Katniss will understand something is wrong with me in a heart beat.

I hauled the door wide open and was welcomed by not only Katniss but xavier, norah, Jason and Damon.

I averted my gaze towards Damon who was now leisurely leaning against the wall. When his eyes met mine he mouthed ' I'm sorry '

"What on earth happened to you?! " Katniss lunged towards me pulling me inside the room and closing the door shut.

"I don't want to see anyone of them for now... " I leisurely paced back towards the bed.

Katniss eyed me with suspicion, "Alright then. It means I have to stay with you tonight... I will ask all of them to leave "

I sat at balcony peering at the clear dark sky without stars.

"Tomorrow is prom night, I hope you're not planning to miss it. " Katniss slumped down next to me after handling me a mug of coffee.

"I don't know, " I say in rather disinterested tone.

"Let me tell you something which will cheer your mood. Jason asked me out finally... " She muttered while vivid glow daubed on her face. Be it some other instance, I would've danced out of joy but now all I did was smile legitimately and pulled her into a bear hug.