[41] Clearing out.

Scarlett

Scarlett

"Why are you so flushed.?! " Katniss asked once she walked down the stage with crown sitting on her head.

"Am I? " I blink swallowing hard, my breath was still uneven. I slowly gazed up towards Xavier who was standing right in front of me with a smirk laced on his face.

Who much I love to smack that smirk off his face.

"Hello my lovely best friend. Are you still with us? " Katniss flickered her finger in front of eyes snapping me out of land of dreams.

"Yeah what is it? " I scrunch my nose at Xavier while turning to face Katniss.

"Dance sweety, let's go and dance! " She exclaimed with her eyes gleaming with delight.

"You are supposed to dance with Jason, not me...! " I shake my head laughing at her.

When the music rolled out, each one of us paired up and strolled towards the dance floor.

"Are you okay now? I'm sorry for yesterday, they all insisted to talk with you... " Damon said while sliding his hand around my waist.

"That's okay I guess! " I smile at him.

I slightly turn my head to look at Katniss and Jason who were lost in each other eyes. A warm smile crept along my lips. Damon eyes followed my gaze, "Finally, he realised his feelings. I'm happy for them " He said twirling me around once.

"Me too! " I answer, his hand slides back to my waist. I flutter my eyelids to look at Damon.
I would've been on cloud nine if Damon and I were dancing like this few months before.

"What are you thinking? " Damon whispered raising his brows.

"Would you believe if I say — I had this huge crush on my brother's best friend... " I chuckled lightly lowering my head for a second and then gazing back at his eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me. I was so much into you, you know — your brother literally warned me to stay away from you... I also had this very huge crush on my best friend's sister. " He laughed a little pulling me more closer. My hands landed on his chest.

"See this is what we call fate... Your brother played a very big role in our life. If he hadn't warned me and stopped me from approaching you. I'm sure you would be in my arms now as my girlfriend! " Damon gushed winking at me.

"Yeah I wouldn't doubt that... " I agreed to him nodding my head.

"Remind me to thank Jason later then... And now if you will excuse us , your love is waiting for you. " Xavier's calm voice pierced my ear making me stand erect. He stressed the word love pointing at norah.

"Oh, he is extra possessive. Anyways see you later Scarlett and yea now I will take my leave cause my love is waiting for me! " Damon smirked , before I could pull myself away from Damon. Xavier held my wrist and pulled me towards him, his hands wrapped around my waist in a firm grip.

"What was that? And I'm not going to dance with you! " I roll my eyes looking away.

"I wasn't asking you anyways. " He trailed his fingers from my shoulder blade till my wrist. A shiver coursed down my spine when his cold slender fingers touched my skin. Surrounding his fingers around my wrist he pulled it to rest on his chest, with another hand he played with rogue strand of my hair which was falling on my face.

"Now... If Jason hadn't warned Damon, you would be in his arms huh? As his girlfriend? " Xavier voice held a sense of possessiveness. He was trying hard not to lash at me.

"Yeah... Damon possess all those qualities which I need in my boyfriend! " I give me a smile batting my eyelids.
Xavier gazed down at me with intense look. He clenched his jaws and then snickered.

"All qualities huh? But I'm sure about one thing — you wouldn't feel like this when he would pull you closer to him, " with that he snaked his hands around my waist and pulled me extremely close to him. Our fronts almost touching, his hot breathe hitting my face making me weak on my knees. My breathe came out ragged. I bite my inner cheek whilst fisting his shirt.

"What - what do you mean?! " I shutter lowering my eyes.

"Your breathing - it's uneven, " He paused leaning closer to my face making me hold my breath, "Your heart beat is erratic - I can feel it " he whispered, his nose tip brushing against mine. I bit my lower lip vigorously to avoid making sounds. Anxiety welled up my stomach. Xavier is right — the way I get effected by our close proximity is something I have never experienced before.

"What do you want to prove?" I raise my eyes to look directly in his blue ocean like eyes.

"Just a simple thing sweetheart, you're mine and you're mine and you're only mine! " He announced with his signature smile plastered on his face. My heart skipped beats when he said the word mine.

And our happy moments were ruined when suddenly the act scene crossed my mind. I furrowed my brows and glared at him.

"I can't be with Damon but you're free to do everything you want, right?. " I snap wriggling in his arms.

He didn't let me go instead his grip around me tightened, "Stop it. I'm not letting you go... Tell me Scarlett what's wrong? Did I do something wrong? I would never hurt you knowingly, this chance which you have given me is like a blessing for me. I would never take it for granted. Speak to me baby, tell me what are you thinking! "

Look at his audacity! He first kisses her in front of entire damn college and now he is asking what has he done?

Seriously? Do I look like I was born yesterday?

"Nothing. Nothing... Why are you here anyways. Go and dance with norah or should say your rosaline! " I roll my eyes looking away from him.

I expected him to apologize but nothing came so I slightly turned my face to look at him. He was just staring at me and then suddenly a ghost of smile crept on his lips making me boil with anger.

"You were jealous my love! " He spoke gently.

Damn! My heart beat hastened, it was so erratic that I felt my heart will burst out of my ribcage. He definitely knows my weakness. Gulping down the lump formed in my throat I slightly leaned back to read Xavier's face expressions, "No, I'm not... " I pause and stare at his electrifying orbs , "Why did you kiss her, Xavier?! " My voice came out like whisper.

I couldn't exactly comprehend his expressions. Instead of being disturbed by my question he seemed to enjoy it more.

He peered at me for few seconds then suddenly he leaned closer to me and pecked my lips.

"You kissed her like this? " I asked raising my brow.

"No, " He shook his head slightly with smile still dancing on his lips. Before I could ask him anymore questions he leaned in again and pecked my lips once more but this time it was a lingering kiss.

"Like this?! " I don't know why I kept asking him how he kissed norah.

"No - " He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and pulled me more closer to him. The combination of soothing music playing at the background and dim lights around us sweeped an atmosphere of romance around us. I shudder a little when his fingers grazed down on my bare back.

Brushing his nose tip against mine Xavier trailed his thumb on my lower lip while his eyes were staring directly into mine.

"I didn't kiss her, I pecked her like this! " Xavier said pecking the side of my lips.

My heart was at ease when I heard his words.
"Umm, I was just asking... Even if you would have — " All my words died in my mouth when Xavier crushed his lips on mine. In no time I let my hands slide across his neck and kissed him back with same passion and love.

❤..