todoroki shōto - loved [pt. 1]

inspired by moral of the story by ashe.
star tears disease au.
lyrics in italics.

CW: mentions of blood.

=========================

Why am I still trying?

Why won't I ever give up?

It's ironic, really. Loving him was the biggest mistake i've made. but I can't stop. Gosh, why won't I stop?

So I never really knew you
God I really tried to
Blindsided, addicted
Felt we could really do this
But really I was foolish
Hindsight it's
Obvious

When I first cried those tears, I thought they were beautiful. Amazing, even. There they were, rolling down my cheeks, coloured with more colours than i've ever seen. But that's when I realised, I was the biggest fool here.

The feeling of knowing that he doesn't feel the same. The feeling of these cold, hard crystals rolling down my cheeks every single time. It's a shame that I had to suffer because of loving someone unconditionally.

Talking with my lawyer she said
"Where'd you find this guy?"
I said, "Young people fall in love"
"With the wrong people sometimes"

Slowly but surely, the colourful solids became sharper. Crying became a pain. And yet I wouldn't stop letting the tears flow. I would just sit there, letting them fall to the ground. The crystalline tears would scrape my face and my legs, harming anything they come into contact with mercilessly. The once beautiful tears are now always covered in crimson.

As I watched him everyday, I prayed that one day, maybe, just maybe, he would feel the same. It never happens; my tears are still as colourful and sharp as ever.

Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
You can think that you're in love
When you're really just in pain
Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
In the end it's better for me
That's the moral of the story babe

That fateful day, I thought that a confession letter might help. Hiding one in his bag seemed like a good idea at that moment.

Maybe I shouldn't have done that.

Walking out of class after lessons, who would've thought that I would find my letter in the trash? I thought that I was mistaken, since my eyesight isn't as good as before. But, as I took a closer look, there it was, my letter, torn up and thrown in there just like that. What a pity. All my thoughts, feelings, emotions, discarded so easily.

It's funny how a memory
Turns into a bad dream
When running wild turns volatile
Remember how we painted our house?
Just like my grandparents did, so romantic
But we fought the whole time
Should have seen the signs, yeah

As I walked further down the hallway, I brushed shoulders with the half-and-half male. Though it was rude of me, I eavesdropped on his conversation.

"...Ridiculous letter I received today... I threw it..." He told those around him.

He was laughing about my letter with some others from class A.

Talking with my mother she said
"Where'd you find this guy?"
I said, "Some people fall in love"
"With the wrong people sometimes"

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I turned around, accidentally making eye contact with Midoriya. He was the only one who knew everything. I figured that he knew the letter belonged to me too.

He watched in horror as large droplets that were tainted red spill out from my eyes. So beautiful, yet such a horrific sight. It's a shame that he couldn't do anything to help.

Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
You can think that you're in love
When you're really just in pain
Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
In the end it's better for me
That's the moral of the story babe

I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I was hoping that no one would follow me. Praying that he didn't notice or hear me. But how lucky I was, when my tears touched the floor and shattered so loudly. It was kind of expected that their heads would turn towards the source of the sound.

I didn't look back. Not when I heard footsteps behind me. Not when they kept calling my name. I just kept running.

They say it's better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all
That could be a load of shit
But I just need to tell you all

By the time I reached my dorm room, my vision had worsened. I couldn't see colour anymore. Everything was slowly becoming blurrier too.

Locking my door, I sort of gave up. I just walked towards the centre of my room, plopping myself down. I sat facing the door, looking down. I knew that whoever was following me would come soon.

Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
You can think that you're in love
When you're really just engaged
Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
In the end it's better for me
That's the moral of the story

The tears flowed non-stop this time. No matter how many times I wiped them away, they always came back in a continuous flow.

They no longer withheld the beauty they once had. Crystal shards were littered in every corner possible. Tiny red pools have started to surround me.

I wasn't sure when or how, but my door was knocked down.

Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
You can think that you're in love
When you're really just in pain
Some mistakes get made
That's alright, that's okay
In the end it's better for me
That's the moral of the story babe

Someone ran to my side. It was probably Midoriya, as I saw a blur of green rush by.

Someone with a cold yet warm presence stood in front of me. They knelt down. I knew who it was.

He whispered my name.

I raised my head, wanting to look into his eyes just one more time.

But, I found that I couldn't see the one I loved anymore.

- to be continued -