kaminari denki - selfish

CW: N.A.

requests are open again! I need more ideas for future stories ( though I cannot guarantee that your idea will be used! )

also, this time the story starts from a different perspective!

==========================

Not again, he thinks to himself, as he pulls you inside his room.

This was the third time this week you came to him crying.

As he hands you a cup of water and wraps his arm around your shoulder to console you, he thinks to himself, why?

Why are you still with them? Why do you keep putting yourself through all this?

Every week, without fail, you would come knocking on his door. And every single time, you would be crying.

Honestly, it was getting really frustrating. Not because he had to listen to you tell him the same old story of your partner being an asshole, but it was just that he couldn't stand seeing you crying because of them. They're such a horrible partner, and yet you're still with them? It was getting on his nerves.

And another thing, he's been meaning to tell you this for a long time now. About how he likes you. A lot. So much that you could probably call it... love? Cliche, he knows. Falling in love with your closest friend! How much more cheesy can it get?

But, there was one problem: there was never really an appropriate moment where he could tell you how he felt.

Maybe there was never going to be a 'right time' to tell you. Maybe he should just tell you... now?

He looks at you, your face buried in his chest as you wiped your tears on his shirt.

Fuck it, he tells himself, what do I have to lose?

"y/n," he says, voice trembling slightly, "it probably isn't the best time to be telling you this, but... but I don't know... I just... need to tell you this."

"I... love you. I love you so much. And... fuck, I don't know... but I really, really love you, y/n."

He didn't dare look at you. Was he scared of your reaction? ...Maybe.

When he finally got the courage to look at you, he found you staring at him. You were still holding onto his shirt, but you weren't crying anymore. He didn't know if you heard what he said, but he was too embarrassed to repeat himself. The both of you sat there, staring at each other, before you finally spoke.

"Kami... I love you so much too..."

His eyes widened, heart skipping a beat. Was he hearing you right? This sounds a little... too good to be true.

Not letting it get to his head, he stays silent, letting you continue.

"You're my dearest friend and... and I really don't want to lose you too."

His heart dropped. Oh. 'Friend'.

Well, he was right about one thing; it was too good to be true.

Of course, he was just a friend to you. A friend that loves you a little too much.

He stared at you for a moment, not knowing what to do. You stared back at him, smiling softly as you reached towards him, hugging him tightly.

He laid his head on your shoulder as he slowly wrapped his arms around you.

Oh well, so much for that. At least he tried.

What a fool he was to think that you'd even have such feelings for him! He wanted so badly to take back whatever he said, but obviously it was too late.