"Charlotte Roman?" she asked me.

"Yes ma'am" I responded pulling out my ID to show her.

"May 15, 1995?" she said not even making eye contact with me or my ID.

"Yes ma'am" I said getting slightly annoyed.

"Flying to Dallas Texas with a layover in Chicago?" she asked.

"Yes ma'am" I said again feeling like I was becoming a broken record.

She printed out my boarding pass and handed it to me with a smile as I grabbed it from her.

"Safe travels" she smiled before calling next.

Once I passed through security I started becoming nervous. What was I doing? I was traveling to see my friend that I haven't seen in 9 years. Sure we kept in contact every single day, but what if things were awkward when we saw each other. What if all we have become were text and skype friends.

He also said he had some big news to tell me when I got there. Part of me was hoping that he was going to confess his love to me and tell me that he has liked me since he was 16 years old too. But, I knew that that was never going to happen. Neither of us had dated, we hung out a lot and went on dates but we never had a serious relationship. For me, it was because I felt like I would hurt Austin if he ever found out, but really I knew that I would only be hurting myself if I dated anyone else.

I went to the a coffee shop in the airport and got myself a coffee and a bagel as I waited the 45 minutes for my flight to board, reading Game of Thrones and trying to calm my nerves down as I was anxiously waiting to get to Dallas.

-----------

I got off the plane in Dallas and immediately went to the bathroom. I had left Syracuse with a pair of capris leggings and a baggy sweatshirt, and that was definitely not how I wanted Austin to see me for the first time in 9 years. I went into the handi-cap stall and pulled out a pair of black jean shorts and a white crop top with sunflowers. I pulled my long hair down out of it's messy bun and let it fall over my shoulders and slid into a pair of black flip flops.

I walked out and looked at myself in the mirror as I applied a thin coat of baby pink lip gloss and sprayed on a small amount of perfume. My cheeks were starting to turn red from my anxiety that I was undoubtedly causing myself. He was going to be the same Austin that I talked to everyday, I don't know why I thought today was going to be any different.

I left the bathroom and grabbed my bag off of the luggage carousel. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and quickly called my parents letting them know that I was here and walked to find Austin who should've been waiting for me for a half hour already. They told me to have fun and make smart decisions and most importantly to enjoy my time with Austin.

I walked out towards the exit and sat down on a bench of seats looking around for him. I was just about to pull out my phone to text him when I heard a voice say my name.

"Charlie?"

I turned around, a huge smile forming on my face as I saw Austin standing a few feet away from me. His hands were in the pockets of his shorts and he was wearing a black Nirvana t-shirt, his hair pulled back into a ponytail. He looked so cute, even more than he did when I talked to him every night.