Pete imagine for @kelsie_46

"Kelsie!" My boyfriend of six months called from downstairs.

I sat up. Why was he here so early? It was four hours before we were supposed to go out.

I looked at the clock.

"Oh my god!" I cried.

It was ten minutes after I was supposed to be ready to leave with Pete! I must've fallen asleep!

"One second!" I called back down to Pete.

I ran to the mirror and looked at my purple hair. It was in about twelve hundred different directions. Great. I grabbed a brush and began to pull it through my hair, while stripping out of my yoga pants and pulling on a skirt.

"Kelsie?" Pete asked from outside the door.

"I'm almost ready. Give me a minute." I called.

I yanked off my t shirt and replaced it with a blouse. I finished my hair and pulled it back into a half up, half down style. After that I started on my makeup.

Pete knocked on the door again. "Kelsie, I need you to open the door." He said.

Since I was dressed, I decided to let him in.

I went to the door and pulled it open. "Hey, I'm sorry im running late. I fell asleep-what are you wearing?" I demanded.

Pete was wearing a suit and tie. Compared to him, I looked seriously over underdressed.

"It's a surprise." Pete said with a grin. "Now hurry. How much time do you need till you're ready?"

I smiled. "Just enough time to put my makeup on. And change my clothes." I said.

He caught my arm and looked into my green eyes before I could walk away. "You look fine, Kelsie. Come on. Get some shoes." He said.

"Pete, I need to change. You're wearing a suit, for gods sake!" I cried.

He chuckled. "Just come on. I swear, you look perfect. Like always." He said.

Blushing, I grabbed some shoes and followed him downstairs. He led me to his car and we left.

"Pete, where are we going that you're so dressed up for?" I asked.

"You'll see." He said.

"Pete! Tell me!" You commanded.

"You're cute when you're bossy." He said.

"Then I'm about to get adorable."

He chuckled then continued as if I hadn't spoken. "I think it's that accent of yours. You never expect someone with such a sweet little Aussie accent to be so...demanding." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "And that's why you know nothing about Australians." I said.

He laughed, and pulled into a dark driveway. "Pete where are we?" I demanded.

"You're about to find out. Come on, trust me." He said.

He stopped the car and got out, opening the door for me and helping me out. A true American gentleman.

"Are we...at the beach?" I asked. I loved the beach!

"Yes, we're at the beach. Come on." Pete said. He sounded nervous.

He led me to the shore. So he took me to the beach. But that still didn't explain why Pete was wearing a suit.

I said as much to him.

"Because I wanted to ruin it." He said with a grin.

"Ruin it?" I echoed.

Suddenly I was in Pete's arms, and he was running towards the water. I shrieked as he stomped into the waves and lowered me in. The water was warm, and I smiled. He remembered how I hate cold water.

We swam for what felt like hours, when the moon came out and I looked up.

"It's so pretty." I said. Pete came up behind me and put his arms around my waist.

"You really are." He said.

I giggled. "You know that's not what I said." I said.

"I know. I don't care." He said.

I laughed quietly and leaned into him.

"Kelsie?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I need to tell you something."

I felt scared. What was he going to say?

"Okay." I said.

"I love you."

I turned in his arms and looked at his face, which was illuminated by the moon. He was serious.

Pete loved me?! We hadn't said that to each other yet, so this was scary. I'd only been in love once, so I knew what it was.

And this was it.

"I love you too, Petey." I said with a smirk. He claimed to hate that nickname, but I thought it was cute. And I'm pretty sure he secretly liked it.

He shook his head and kissed me. when he pulled away, he did his job of always making me laugh.

"Totally worth wearing suit for."