Pete Imagine for @please_stay_alive

I was so excited. My boyfriend Pete was coming home for tour and I couldn't wait. He would be here any minute.

I was making a big dinner for us, and after i was thinking maybe we could go out and ice skate. We hadn't been since our first date, so I thought it would be a good idea.

I had just placed the food on the table when I heard a car door shut. My heart fluttered in my chest, and I hurried to fix my red/purple hair.

The door opened, and I couldn't control the extremely happy smile that split my face.

It vanished the second I saw Pete's face.

"What's wrong?" I immediately asked.

"Fall Out Boy is breaking up." He said, barely audible.

My jaw dropped. What? FOB couldn't break up! They made Pete so happy! They were so talented! Granted, Folie a Deau wasn't that big of a hit, but they could push through it! They could!

"Pete, I can't believe it." I said. "Why?"

"We need a break. Technically, this isn't a breakup. This is a hiatus. But it's indefinite. Who knows when we'll come back. Patrick wants to go solo. Joe wants to start his own band, and Andy might go with him. We just....need time. But it kills me. I'm gonna miss this so much." He said.

My hand went to my mouth. "I'm so sorry, Pete. Are you okay?" I asked.

"I don't know Averi. I'm so sad, but I want to be angry too. But I don't know who exactly who I'm angry at." He said.

I went over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He sighed and hugged me back slowly.

"It's gonna be okay. I promise. This sucks ass, but you guys will reunite. I know it. And I know you do. And it's okay to be angry. I would be too." I said.

He leaned back and stared into my blue eyes with his brown eyes.

"I love you so much." He said.

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. "I love you too."

Sorry it's so short. I hope you liked it!

-amy