Chapter 44: The Daring Escape Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"I almost forgot," Her eyes widen and she searches in her purse that I hadn't realised she'd been carrying. She quickly pulls out a small clear bag with a capsule. "Just empty this into his drink, and he'll be out for hours."

Her smirk reminds me so much of him, it's unsettling.

I take the bag from her hand and shove it down the other side of my bra. "And what's to say you won't keep me prisoner?"

"I have no reason to." She rolls her eyes. "I just want to take everything Matteo holds so dearly, which is you, along with his precious mafia inheritance."

"Mafia inheritance?" I knew he was involved with the mafia, especially within New York, but I had no idea he was to inherit an entire mafia.

She chuckles. "You really don't know anything do you?"

"It seems I don't." I mumble.

"Well, we better get back to the party before Matteo gets too anxious." Katerina says, and I nod in agreement. She sweeps by me, opening the door and slipping through, as I follow closely behind.

Once we arrive back to the party, I sigh in relief. Thankfully I don't see any visible guards looking for me, but I'm sure there are. We enter the ballroom and head over to the centre, where we had been minutes ago. Hopefully Matteo won't be suspicious. That won't help if I'm wanting to escape tonight.

"Where the fuck did you go." Matteo growls from behind me, latching onto my arm. I take in a breath and turn to him. He looks calm and composed, then yet again he always does.

"I-" I begin.

"I showed your little pet to the ladies room." Katerina purrs. "I hope that is alright."

His eyes narrow as he scans over both me and his sister, as if detecting for any lies. "I want you to stay the fuck away from me and Mia. You wouldn't want father finding out about this, would you?" He sears.

Katerina does nothing but blink, taking one last look at me, I can feel all the emotions coming off of her. What Matteo did to his own sister was harsh, I don't know what it's like to have a sibling, but I would never do something like that to them, if I did have one. And I certainly wouldn't expect that from someone who is supposed to be related to me.

Just as Katerina leaves, Dante approaches us, with his eyes fixed on Matteo's sibling. "What's Katerina doing here?" He questions.

"Stirring trouble, as usual." Matteo mumbles, his hand still tightly wrapped around my forearm, and it takes everything within me not to snatch my it away from him. I need to be obedient, avoid any suspicion.

"Hmmm," Dante stops in front of us and looks to Matteo and then to me. "Is... Everything alright?"

"Everything's fine." I say. I can feel Matteo look down at me. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

"Yes, everything is fine." Matteo confirms.

"Alright, well if you're done here, I suggest we leave. It's already eleven o'clock, and I can feel we're all getting irritable." Dante says.

Matteo nods his head. "Have the cars brought around immediately, and have the area scanned for any activity." Dante nods and disappears into the room of people, but not before looking hungrily at one of the almost naked dancers who he brushes up against.

"What did my sister say to you?" Matteo asks. His dark eyes are even darker in the dim lightly, and his clean cut jaw looks ever sharper in the shadows. Once again I'm reminded of this man's beauty.

"Nothing."

"I'm not an idiot, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know what is going on between you and your sister, Matteo, and I don't care. She showed me to the washroom and treated me like dirt. You and your sister are very much alike in that regard." I spit.

Matteo laughs. "My sister and I are not alike, in the slightest. And if you think I've been treating you like dirt, you've got another thing coming."

I frown and furrow my eyebrows. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Just as I'm about to retort something back at him, Matteo receives a call from Dante, alerting him that the cars are ready and waiting outside, and that the perimeter has been scanned.

"Time to go home." He says.

I take a deep breath in.

Now the night really begins.
------------------------------------------------------
Yooooooo Peeps!
Things do be getting exciting now... Also I would just like to address that orange juice is superior to apple juice.
Thank you, and good night!
-FoggyCloudyWords