Chapter 5

"Are you lost?" Sophie asked.

     "No, I was just heading to AP US History," He said in a deep, somehow familiar, voice. Sophie couldn't place where she had heard his voice, so she didn't dwell on that thought.

     Sophie continued to study him and realized he was quite handsome. The boy had platinum  blond hair that was perfectly mussed. On top of his stunning blond hair was a stylish gray beanie. He also wore trendy glasses that made him look even hotter.

     He seemed like the trouble maker type by the mischievous smirk plastered on his face and his laid-back posture.

     The main thing that drew Sophie in, though, was his eyes. They were a stunning glacier blue that Sophie had never seen before. They seemed to hold so much emotions that it overwhelmed her. She had to look away before she drowned in the depths of this boy's past.

     (A/N: I won't normally do author's notes in the middle of a chapter, but we need to take a moment to imagine Keefe with glasses and a beanie......................... I'm just gonna say that if you don't like it, I won't change it because I made him look like that for a reason................................................... I actually kinda think that he would look quite nice in glasses and a beanie, though..... Now on with the story!!!)

     After Sophie gawked at him for a few seconds longer than needed, the handsome boy awkwardly cleared his throat, and Sophie looked away, blushing madly. When she looked back at his face, he looked like he was trying to suppress a smirk. Something about his smirk was familiar, but Sophie couldn't quite place it.

     After another minute, Sophie snapped out of her thoughts and stammered, "You do know that APUSH is in the opposite side of the building, right? I think you are lost."

     The boy scratched the back of his neck as he said, "Okay, fine. You caught me. I just moved here a week ago and this is my first day at Foxfire. Could you maybe take me to APUSH since I'm apparently oh-so-lost?" He asked with a full-on smirk.

     For some reason, Sophie blushed as she rolled her eyes and motioned for him to follow her, "Follow me, it's not like I need to be tortured in the form of balancing equations."

     "Chemistry is definitely the death of most people," The boy stated simply.

As they walked down the halls to AP US History, they continued their conversation. Sophie had never talked this long to any boy in her life, other than Dex. They all usually thought she was the Weird Nerd™. Sophie guessed that once the new guy found out that she was a nerd, he would ditch her for the popular kids. At least she could claim she new him first, though.

"What's your name?" Asked Sophie after their conversation had died down.

The boy answered, "Keefe, what's yours?"

"Sophie Foster," Why did she have to say her last name. That sounded way too formal.

"Well, your getting fancy on me, Foster," Keefe smirked that infuriating smirk as he said her last name. She knew she had messed up, and now he was going to call her Foster forever.

Sophie didn't want to be made fun of forever, so she growled out, "It's Sophie, not Foster."

And with that Keefe walked off, in the wrong direction of course, but not before saying, "Whatever you want, Foster." And then he disappeared with a wink.

꧁A/N꧂
I'm sorry that that was super short, but I just wanted this chapter to be Sophie and Keefe's conversation, because, well, it's just more exciting that way 😁.

Also I don't think I got Keefe's character quite right, so I'm sorry if that offends any of you Keefe worshippers 🤣🤣🤣. I'll eventually get better at writing his character. It even got easier to write in this one super mini chapter, so I'll improve fast.

Sleep good, I know I will 🤣. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

~Penguin out ❤️✌🏻