5

Angelique's POV

*later that day*

I get back to my hotel room after a long day at the arena and I plan out my outfit for tonight's team dinner. I end up choosing a body hugging pencil skirt with a blouse tucked into it and my light pink ballet flats. I look at the time and see that I have some time before I actually have to get ready so I lie on my bed and turn on the TV to watch to waste some time. 

Once it's time to get ready I slip on my outfit, do my makeup and brush my hair leaving it naturally straight. I smile at my reflection liking how I look. My phone makes a dinging noise signifying a text,

J: I'm coming to get you for the team dinner :)

I smile at the text,

A: I can't wait 

A few minutes later someone knocks on my door, I practically skip to the door because I can't wait to see the person on the other side. I open the door happily and smile once I see Josh standing there, he looks me over with a smile on his face, "you look amazing" he exclaims coming closer so that he can wrap his arms around my waist, "you don't look too bad either" I say wrapping my arms around his neck with a smirk. I'm surprised by my own confidence knowing that I usually just blush and shy away from Josh's comments, I notice the surprised look on his face before it turns back into a smile, "I like this new you" he tells me, "you just met me I could've been fooling you this whole time with my sweet act" I tell him playing with the hair at the base of his neck. "No, I doubt it" he says to me bringing his face closer to me with a smile, I bring one of my hands to his face stroking his cheek softly. Josh suddenly pecks my lips taking me by surprise, "we should go we don't want to be late" he tells me, I nod with a smile on my face as he drags me to the elevator. I remember to close my hotel room door as he pulls me from my room.

We meet the team in the lobby of the hotel, "okay now that we're all here let's go" Marcus says to us walking out the doors of the hotel. We all follow and I stay at the back of the group while Josh moves closer to the front to talk to some teammates. Lawson Crouse comes over to me, "hey Angie" he says to me smiling, "hey Lawson" I reply looking up at him, we walk in a comfortable silence for a few seconds, "so where are you from?" he suddenly asks me, "vancouver, how about you?" I reply, "well I play in Kingston but I'm originally from Mt. Brydges, Ontario" he explains to me, "cool" is all I say looking down at my feet again as we keep walking to the restaurant. "Do you know which restaurant we're going to?" I ask him looking up again, "no clue just following everyone else" I laugh at his statement and we fall into another silence. 

I don't notice that we've stopped walking so I bump into the guy in front of me which happens to be Sam Reinhart. He looks back at me, "sorry" I tell him, he smiles, "no worries Angie" he says before turning back around. I see that we're entering a restaurant, I notice that it's the same one where Josh took me on our date. I smile to myself remebering that amazing night. We get seated in a privte room with several tables pushed together so that we can all fit. I sit down at a random spot and I see that i'm across from Curtis Lazar and next to both Connor McDavid and Madison Bowey. "Hey Angie" Curtis greets me, "hi Curtis" I say smiling at him, "what's up?" he asks me, "nothing much, how about you?" I reply, he shrugs at me, "feeling some of the pressure but nothing else really" he explains, "don't worry about it Curtis it will be fine,  you guys will do great" I exclaim smiling. "So Angie where are you from" Connor asks loud enough for the whole table to hear, "Vancouver" I reply smiling and blushing once I see that the whole team is looking at me. "You're very far away from home" he adds looking at me, I nod in response playing with my fingers. "Any lucky guy in your life?" Nick Paul asks from somewhere down the table, "not at the moment" I reply peeking over at Josh discreetly, he smiles widely at me which makes me smile slightly and look back down at my hands shyly. 

We stop chatting since our food came. I can't seem to stop smiling as I eat my meal. I partly aware of all the conversations happening between the team as I zone out for a bit. Once i'm done my meal I sit back and tune back into the conversations happening. "You okay there Angie?" Madison asks me nudging my shoulder with a smile, "yeah I was just thinking" I tell him returning the smile. "I'll be right back" I tell him a few seconds later getting up and walking towards the washroom, as I'm about to push open the door i'm pulled into someone's chest, "hi Josh" I say rolling my eyes as I turn around in his arms to face him, he doesn't say anything he just plants his lips on mine making me wrap my arms around his neck as his go around my waist bringing me close. I smile into the kiss running my fingers through his hair. He pulls away, "we should stop" he tells me, I nod in reply re-adjusting my outfit, I look up at him and see some of my lipgloss on his lips, "wait" I tell him as he goes to walk away, I pull him down to my level and swipe my fingers across his lips and fix his hair, "okay now you can go, i'll wait a few seconds before coming back" I explain, he nods and goes back to the table. 

I step back into the room after waiting a few seconds and re-applying my lipgloss and I sit back in my seat with a smile on my face. "What's for dessert?" I ask the guys around me, Connor hands me a dessert menu. I choose my dessert and hand over the menu to the waiter that's waiting for all the dessert orders. I just sit in my seat quietly not talking to anyone while waiting for my dessert to come. Someone nudges me softly, I look over at Connor confused, "why are you so quiet?" he asks me, I shrug, "I don't have anything to say" I reply, before he can say anything my name is called, I look over at the person and see Jake Virtanen looking at me, "so what are you studying at school?" he asks me, "um, Sports Admin" I reply, "at UBC" I add, "cool" he says nodding his head. "You're so old Angie" Connor teases me, "shut up I'm only 3 years older than you and like 1 or 2 years older than everyone else on this team" I say shoving him, which does absolutely nothing except make him laugh. I pout and cross my arms across my chest slouching in my seat. "I'm just kidding Angie don't worry" he tells me hugging me which almost makes me fall off of my chair, I wrap my arms around him to stay upright. I notice how close we are to each other, my eyes widen as do Connor's and we let go of each other in shock. I clear my throat awkwardly, "yeah not happening ever again" I say, he nods quickly in agreement. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finish our dinner's and pay before we make our way back to the hotel, on the way there it starts to rain making me squeal, a jacket is held over my head. I look to see who's next to me and I see Josh smiling down at me as we run ther rest of the way only covered by his jacket which we are each holding up as he brings me close to his side to keep me as dry as possible. I get into the lobby and laugh once I see Josh, his hair slightly wet, "what?" he asks confused, "you look so funny when you're wet" I tell him smiling, "haha laugh all you want Ange" he says rolling his eyes making me giggle. 

"Still here guys" I hear, I look over and see the whole team looking at us with confusion, my eyes widen, "well duh!! we all came in at the same time, relax" I say to the team relaxed and not giving them any hints that i'm lying. "Well i'm going to go get some sleep but see you guys tomorrow" I say happily before walking to the elevator exhaling in relief. I get to my room and get into my pj's after taking a shower and I get under the covers and fall asleep instantly.