№3|Headaches

Start bij het begin

“Get out of my head!” Medusa yelled, falling to the floor. “Agh! It hurts!”

Barron rushed to Medusa’s side, holding her in his arms as they rushed through the halls. Wolves who saw the two quickly became both confused and concerned over the researcher’s wellbeing. “Don't worry Medusa, you’ll be okay.” Barrona assured her, bursting through the medical ward.

“Where’s Dr. Lycia?” Barron ordered as the doctor in question came out of the crowd.

She had deep black hair and pale midnight blue eyes, “what happened to her?”

“She was interviewing me and all of a sudden she had a massive headache. Now she’s screaming about somebody being in her head.” Barron explained as he laid her down on the hospital bed.

He suddenly growled when one of the male nurses grabbed her arm to take her pulse. The nurse backed up, not wanting to upset the alpha. “Sorry.” He apologized.

“Just back off, got it?!” Barron growled deeper. The nurse backed more, just as the alpha ordered.

 “Alpha, I know it’s out of line but you need to let my nurse put an IV in her so we can sedate her.” Lycia said softly. Barron sighed and nodded.

 “Fine.”

“Thank you.” Lycia smiled, motioning the nurse to place the IV in Medusa’s arm. Medusa whimpered in pain, shifting in the bed. 

“Get out… get out of… my head…!” Medusa muttered in her sleep.

We will find you Medusa… nobody can protect you… everyone who tries will die…

“No… I don't wanna die… please!... please don't hurt them!”

You and all you care about will suffer unless you give us what we want!

“I don't know… what you want…!”

“What’s happening to her?” Barron held Medusa’s hand, looking to Lycia for answers. 

“Someone’s talking to her through her mind,” Lycia levitated her hand over Medusa’s forehead. “They’re telling her they’re coming… anyone who tries to protect her will die… she’ll fulfill her destiny as a sacr-”

Before Lycia could continue, Vanessa bursted into the room “We got trouble, big bro.”

Barron looked back at Medusa with sympathy before letting go of her hand and placing a small kiss on her forehead. He followed Vanessa into the main hall to see the alpha of the Willson pack stumble in.

He had dark skin, which was covered in blood, and hazel eyes that were coated in fear. His black hair was greased by the blood. “Barron…” he rasped. Barron slung the alpha’s arm over his shoulder.

 “Declan, what happened to you?”

“There were so many… it all happened all so fast… I couldn't stop it… so many wolves… lost… dead… I couldn't even save her…” Declan sobbed into Barron’s chest. 

“What happened to your mate and the pack?” Vanessa asked, looking past him to a crowd of wolves.

“Bianca’s burnt real bad and the rest of the pack is even worse. Even my baby brother is badly wounded.” Declan coughed hard.