Chapter 19

Ana's off-white dress was flowing in the wind as she walked towards Freddie, dressed in a simple suit waiting for her.  She had done it all alone; her make up, her hair... It was kept simple but paid everything a lot of attention. Every lock of her hair was carefully brushed, curled and placed in a bun that was held together with small sparkly clips. Her eyes were bright, a soft line of eyeliner graced her eyelids and her lips wore a soft deep rose colour. Her dress had been simple yet intriguing as it featured a French lace bodice and an A-line long skirt.

As she walked across the field, the setting sun shone against her skin making her glow like a star. The field stretched for miles and ended with a cliff where the wind blew fiercely over the Atlantic ocean.

There, at the end of the field, just before the cliff, a minister waited next to an obviously nervous Freddie who was sporting a dark blue suit and holding a bouquet of roses, berries and eustoma flowers, ready to give it to Ana.

He looked radiant as the fire of the rays of the evening sun fell on his face

He looked radiant as the fire of the rays of the evening sun fell on his face. He couldn't hide his smile which eventually turned into a toothy one, a real one, one that showed how excited he was for this.

Ana's eyes fell on the ground shily as she approached him, bitting her bottom lip.

Freddie leaned in and kissed her cheek before whispering into her ear "You are so beautiful, darling" and handed her the flowers. Ana smiled at him and took the bouquet into her right hand and placed her other hand into his as they turned to face the minister.

"Ana and Freddie, I am so glad to be the one who will do this for you. God loved us, and created us to love others. Our lives find completion only as we love and are loved in return. Together, we can become what we could never be separately. Marriage is of God.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Ana and Freddie, you have come here today, desiring to be united in this sacred relationship."

The minister took the rings from his pocket and held them in his hand before giving one to Freddie and the other one to Ana.

"Please, join hands," he said and the two turned towards each other as Freddie reached out for Ana's hands and smiled at her.

"As you place the ring on your partner's finger, I ask you to repeat the wedding vows."

Freddie placed the wedding ring on Ana's finger and said "This ring is my sacred gift to you. A symbol of my love, a sign that from this day forward and always, my Love will surround you. With this ring I thee wed."

Ana smiled, took a deep breath and did the same. "This ring is my sacred gift to you. A symbol of my love, a sign that from this day forward and always, my Love will surround you. With this ring I thee wed."

"You may seal your vows with a kiss," the minister said and the couple leaned in and kissed each other on the lips, as their unconditional love surrounded them and would remain with them now and forevermore. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

With these final words, Freddie took his wife and led her towards their new life together.