Chapter 4

Freddie sat up on the bed panting. That dream seemed a lot more real than he had thought. His fingers could still feel Ana's skin burning... It was just that, though, a dream.. a nightmare. But still, he couldn't shake the thought that something was wrong.
If only I could make sure if she's ok... No, Freddie, don't be stupid. It was a just a dream. She'll be ok..
It was inexplicable this need to see her, to be close to her. He had just met her anyways, but it felt as if he knew her. He could feel relaxed around her, like they had known each other before. Was fate playing a trick on them? One thing was certain, though. The lust he felt for her, was only growing and blossoming with every passing moment. He longed to see her, speak to her, steal a smile from her, anything at all. He wanted her and it seemed like the universe was on his side. So for once he would go for it. He would listen to his heart.
Freddie!
He could swear he heard someone calling him but that was impossible he was alone in the house.
Freddie!!
He tried falling asleep but no sleep came to him. The morning couldn't come fast enough.
On the other side of town, Ana was met with a nightmare that didn't just stay in her dreams. She tried calling for help but no words came out. There was a hand firmly keeping her shut. She could hardly breathe, her heart was pounding, this was wrong. All of it was wrong. She couldn't move. She was pinned on the bed. Only one thought was on her mind. She kept thinking about it over and over again.
Freddie... Freddie...
Why him? Why now? It didn't matter. The only thing that mattered to her now was the fact that she wanted him to save her. Had no one heard anything? She was alone.. Her and her thoughts..
Ana stepped into the shower, trembling. She couldn't remember much. Only the beginning. After that she had fainted. She had woken up feeling sore all over, her skin filled with bruises and there was a cut and bruise on her left cheekbone. She tried her best to get out of bed, to get ready, to put on make up to cover up her beat up face, to cover her feelings towards that. But there was only so much she could do. She didn't dare call the police. The last thing she wanted was for this to happen again, or worse. She had to get to work, she had to forget.
Walking towards the studio, she was on the brink of tears. What would everyone say if they saw her like that? Why did this have to happen to her? She thought she could move on. But clearly he didn't have the same thing in mind.
She kept her head low when she suddenly bumped into someone. She forgot for a split second and looked up.
"Freddie!" her voice hardly audible, cracked a little but sounded happy. But her eyes and her face told a different story. For a second his heart was elated but when he saw her, his heart sank.
"Ana? What happened to you darling?" Freddie was concerned and horror was written all over his face. Oh no, something happened. I knew it! Please be ok.. please be ok...
"Nothing." she said and went into the studio, Freddie following.
She wouldn't waste any time. She sat down and was ready to work. Maybe that would be the best drug to make her feel some sort of normal today. Freddie was concerned but he would give her some time.
"Ok, guys. You can begin," she said and put on her headphones. Freddie said something to the boys and a familiar sound filled her ears.
It started off so well
Ana looked up. She had forgotten about her face. Freddie was looking straight into her eyes. His were dark and sad, piercing her soul. She was looking forward to see him, to talk to him, but then again, what would she say? He was nothing to her. She meant nothing to him. But his concern earlier told a different story. She felt at ease, like she could tell him everything! Why did this have to happen now?
They said we made a perfect pairI clothed myself in your glory and your loveHow I loved youHow I cried
She couldn't look away. Her breath was caught in her chest. He was looking at her. Singing to her.. Her eyes filled with tears she tried to hold back but the following words made her crumble.
Save me save me save meI can't face this life alone
She took off the headphones still looking at him and ran out of the studio and into the hallway. The music stopped abruptly and Freddie ran after her. He couldn't see her cry, it broke his heart. He had to be there for her.