Chapter 6

Holding a mug of tea between her hands, Ana sighed gently as she listened to Mike going on and on about what he could do to the man who had hurt her.
"I swear," he started pointing his finger at her "I'll go and do his head in!" Mike's pacing up and down the room had already started giving her a headache.
"No, you will do no such thing"
"Ana, come on, don't you want to see him behind bars?" he asked her exasperated as Ana massaged her temples with one hand. "Why do you act like that, it's as if you don't even care!" Mike's voice was now raised and almost caused her to shiver. "You were raped! Ana WAKE UP! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!" Ana places the mug on the side table and stood up infuriated.
"Don't you ever say that again!" Tears had pooled up in her eyes and her head was burning, "you have no idea what I went through!" She always was the silent one but now the anger and emotions had bottled up and she could no longer hold them inside. "And you think you can do something about it? Sure! Go ahead! Go find him if you can! Want to go to the police? Because they've been helpful!"
Mike's jaw had dropped. He didn't mean to bring her to breaking point. She had now settled down on the floor next to the sofa, her head bent down.
Mike kneeled down beside her and put his hand on her back, "Ana, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know it must have been hell.."
" I never thought he would come back, I don't know what got into him... Do whatever you have to do to find him, I don't care. But please, don't remind me of that" she said and looked at him.
"Ok but until then, won't you come stay with me? You will be safer.."
"No, Mike, I won't leave my parents' house. You of all people know what they went through to keep it. People can take away my soul, but not our house." She wipes her tears, got up and took a sip of tea.
"Alright, whatever makes you happy. But if you need anything just give me a call. I'll be home. You are the only family I've got too, you know..."
"I know," Ana replied with a smile

It had been two hours since Mike had left Ana's place when the doorbell rang. She was lying on the sofa sleepily watching TV and the last thing she wanted now was to get up. She looked through the peephole but no one was there. Slowly she unlocked the door and put the head out. There, in front of her lay a bouquet of beautifully arranged white lilies and baby's breath, all held together in light purple ribbons and on top of that a letter with the name "Angel". She immediately smiled and knew who it was from. Only one person had picked up this as her nickname. She brought the flowers in the kitchen and sat down on a chair to read the letter.

My darling Angel,
Mike gave me your address. I would have stayed to see you, there's nothing I want more, but I thought these flowers are better at the moment. I know you are going through some hard times and you don't have to tell me, but I want you to know that I'm here for you, angel.
Freddie

Ana's heart fluttered at his words and the flowers were such a sweet and thoughtful gesture but she secretly hoped he had stayed to give them to her himself. She longed to see him and she couldn't wait for the next time. No matter what was going on, he made her feel at ease.

"Good morning, Ana" Mike's voice sounded clear as she walked in the studio. Brian, Roger and John had already picked up their instruments and were playing a few notes. Ana's eyes scanned the room for Freddie but he was nowhere to be found.
"Yeah, hi" she replied, still looking around. Mike noticed that and smiled saying "Bit absent-minded, are we?"
"...what?"
"Yes, Freddie's late" he notified her and stifled a laugh. Ana hardly paid any attention to him. The night had been sleepless and long. She had tried everything to make her sleep but nothing worked. In the end, she settled for playing records and sipping tea until a specific song started playing and Freddie's voice gently rocked her in a peaceful daydreaming and heart-fluttering state.
She made her way to the kitchen area to get some coffee. Simply tea wouldn't cut it today. But where was Freddie? Why was he late? And what was going on with her?
She shook her head and thoughts away and was ready to reach for a mug when a warm shudder courses through her body, from her right ear, down to her neck, over her shoulders, on the side of her breasts and ending down below her navel. The reason? Oh, no more than Freddie's whispered "Hi, angel" along with a kiss on her cheek and his warm hands against her arms.
From the moment Ana was born up until now, her heart had beat almost 1 billion times at an average 80 times per day, but never as hard and as fast at that moment!
She turned around, his hands still on her arms and her eyes locked with his. Oh, how she could stare at his beautiful face all day long!
"Hi, my darling angel" he repeated with a smile
"Freddie!" her surprise made him smile so wide that he forgot about his toothy grin showing. Until of course he remembered and drew his lips inward to hide it. We'll have to fix that, Ana thought.
"How are you feeling today angel?" Freddie asked concerned.
"Better, thanks... oh and thank you for the flowers, Freddie. That was amazing!" He felt happy listening to her and how much he loved hearing his name coming from her lips - those pink luscious lips of hers, he so wanted to kiss... "But next time," Ana continued, "you should stay."
She turned around and left smiling, forgetting her mug filled with coffee and leaving Freddie almost frozen in place. She had wanted to see him. Who would have known? Well, it will be noted.

Back in the studio, Ana had taken her place in front of the console, headphones on, waiting for the session to begin. Within moments, Freddie entered the studio, placing the Ana's mug on the table next to her and standing behind her, slightly removed her headphones and whispered to her ear, "Your coffee, darling."

Freddie's gesture did not go unnoticed by either Mike or the rest of the band, however they didn't give it a second thought. He was a grown man after all and Ana was far from being a little girl.

"Ok, guys, now that everyone is here, I have an announcement to make." Mike sounded through Ana's and the band's headphones. Ana looked at him confused. There was nothing that the band needed to know, no tours, no news on their album, nothing. What was the announcement Mike wanted to make? But Mike's smile said it all.
Ana removed her headphones and muted the mic so the band couldn't listen to them.
"Mike, no!"
"Why not? Come on, you need the distraction. It will be good, I swear! Plus, you and Freddie could do with a little push and the company is paying" he said and turned the mic back on. Ana put her headphones back on and sighed "Oh, God!" feeling embarrassed.
"So, I know this is last minute but next week you are booked for a one-night special show in New York and the company thought it would be nice to fly you all through Hawaii for a couple of days before your show, for some much-needed time off, so yeah..." and here came the catch, "Oh God", Ana whispered sighing and Mike continued, "Ana will be flying with you guys."
Brian, John and Roger smiled commenting "Cool!" and "Yeah!", but Freddie remained silent, with a smile on his face, his eyes glowing. That would be the best trip ever.