Chapter 12

Ana stirred around the bed and felt a ray of sunshine on her face. Sleepily she opened her eyes and looked around. Freddie was no longer there, but on his pillow was a small paper in a beautiful airy cursive handwriting that read:

"My darling, 

I have to go to the studio. Take it easy today -

Will visit again tonight.

Love -

Freddie"

Ana smiled as she read the little piece of paper and ran her fingers along the ink. A feeling of joy and butterflies crept to her abdomen. Just at the thought of Freddie, she felt weak at the knees. When did it go from nothing to something so beautiful? Just months ago she only knew of him by name and reputation and then... BAM! They met and that was it. She was falling, hard. And it scared her because she couldn't be without him. She wanted him in her life, she loved everything about him, all the little bits and pieces, and right now she needed to see him. 

Doctors and Freddie too, had advised her to take things easy for a while. Mike, even, had given her some days off, but she loved her work and all the more now working with Queen, so she got up, headed to the shower and got ready for the studio. 

The chill of the November air was colder than she had thought, but it was a welcoming change after what she had gone through. The underground however was crowded and made her feel uneasy but the thought of seeing Freddie kept her company and made her smile like a little girl. 

"Ana! What are you doing here?" Mike asked surprised when he saw her coming in through the door. 

"I couldn't stay at home, I need to work," she said as she let her bag down and removed her jacket. 

Mike knew not to ask any more questions, although he had a million more to ask. Freddie's eyes caught Ana and even though he wanted to scold her for not staying at home to rest, he loved it that she had come. His eyes were glued on her as her hair fell on her face and a desire burned inside of him to just take the chance and kiss her right then and there in front of everyone. But he held back. He had a better plan. Ana saw him staring and bit her lower lip, blushing. She smiled and couldn't believe this wonderful, handsome man had feelings for such an ordinary girl like her. 

Freddie sat on the piano stool and laid his fingers on the black and white keys, indulging himself into a few notes. Brian, John and Roger were in place, getting ready to record. 

"Ana, can you please come here for a minute, darling?" Freddie's voice came low and clear through the glass window, a sign that Mike had switched on the surround button and everyone would be able to hear the music without headphones on. Ana complied with his wish and entered the recording room and walked towards Freddie. 

"Sit down with me, here, my darling," he said still looking at the piano keys in front of him. "Guys, let me play this once," he instructed the rest of the band as they looked at each other. What was he doing? They were already behind schedule. 

Ana looked at Freddie questioningly. 

"Freddie, what d-" she started but he didn't let her finish.

"Angel," his voice came soft and almost whispering, feeling unsure and shy but nevertheless he took a deep breath and continued, "I borrowed this from a friend and it's for you, darling"

His fingers flowed on the piano keys as the melody began. 

My gift is my song

And this one's for you