CHAPTER 26

My eyes widen when I see Alex walking towards me. I smile and wave at him and he smiles back.

" Leona it's raining let's go back, you'll catch cold." He says and I pout.

" No I'm fine Alex, you can go back..." I say and he sighs.

" You know I can't leave you here right.." he says and I smile patting the spot next to me.

" Then join me" I ask him and he contemplates.

" Leona..I don't...I hate... rains.." I say and she nods her lips pursed in a thin line

" I remember Alex... do you mind telling me why?" I ask and he bites his lip before sitting down.

" Alex... it's fine if you don't tell me ..." I say looking at his hesitant expression.

He sighs before shaking his head.

" It's not that I don't want to... it's difficult..." He says looking doing.

I give him a small smile before taking his hand and placing a soft kiss on back of it.

I chuckle a bit at his surprised expression

" You can tell me anything you want babe..." I say and see how red colour spreads across his nose and cheeks.

" Babe..." He says softly and I nod smiling.

" Yeah...tell me.." I ask him giving a light squeeze to his hand.

" Leona...I..uh..." He starts of nervously and I scoot closer to him.

" Alex ..take your time and look at me...look at me with your pretty eyes, I want to feel what you feel..." I say and he nods.

" Wait..." He says and pulls the umbrella covering both of us.
I give him a small smile

" The thing is my mom and dad got divorced when I was three, and back then ...I couldn't accept it, then Daniel happened.. I was extremely furious how could dad do that..." He says and I nod understanding.

I feel bad about how Alex must have felt when he was young

" But regardless we grew closer...and then this one...day when I was around 18 I found mom...mom...she was sick...Leo ..." He says and I could feel his voice quivering.

I give him a sad smile carressing his hand

" She...I...I visited...her everyday ...but then.. this day ..." He says his voice cracking.

"Shit sorry.." he says and I pull him for a hug and pat his back. The umbrella long fallen and we soak in the rain.

" No Alex... it's okay... you're doing great.." I say softly. I hear him sniff.

I feel so heavy hearted right now. I wish I could stop his pain.

" Mom ...she called me this specific day...it was raining so heavily Leona...she said she wanted to walk in the rain..with me" he says.

I close my eyes when I feel his tears tricking down on my neck.

I carress his hair and he sobs holding me tighter.

" Shh... Alex.. don't...cry..." I say and he nods.

" We did we... went on the walk and then sat on the bench...just like this..."

" She...tol..told me...how much...she loved me...how sorry she was about not being there for me.."

I bite my lip preventing myself from crying