CHAPTER 12

I check the time and it say 12:00am it's finally 4th December!!! I slowly make my way to the bedroom to see Alexa sleeping peacefully curled in a ball.

I smile at her cuteness before lighting the candle on the cupcake.

I gently shake Alexa and she slowly opens her eyes blinking around looking at me.
" Mommy..."

" Baby wake-up..." I say and she nods cutely before rubbing her eyes with her little hands.

She looks at me with her hazel eyes and I kiss her forehead.

" Happy birthday angel.." I say and she smiles  before crawling to hug me.
I hug her and kiss her head.

" Thank you mommy..."

" Love you baby, you're growing so fast..." I say and she giggles looking up at me with her doe eyes.

" I'll be big soon! Then I can work like mommy!!" She says making me smile.

I kiss the tip of her nose making her sit on my lap before taking the cupcake in my hand.

" Come on blow the candle and make a wish" I say and she nods excited

She blows out the candles and joins her hands wishing making me chuckle at her cuteness.

What I wish for is lots of happiness and love for my baby...

" Done!" Alexa says opening her eyes and I smile

" So what did you wish for?" I ask her and she shakes her head to say no

" I can't tell you mommy! Or it won't come true!"

" Okay." I say caressing her hair. She kisses my cheek and smiles at me

" Is Dada and Nany going to come today?" She asks and I smile sadly

" No baby... They can't come this year, Dada has work to do..hmm?" I say and she nods pouting

" Don't be sad we can call him later okay?" I say and she smiles

" Okay!!"

" Good now you should go to sleep" I say and she nods snuggling into the blanket.

I kissed her head before turning off the lamp and going out to complete the work.

I go back to living room and open the parcel that came earlier, I couldn't open it in front of Alexa, it was a death threat again.

" What the fuck is wrong with people.." I mutter opening the box to see a card and dead butterflies.
I cringe at the site and throw the box away. Running a hand through my hair I open the card

" Miss Leona...if only you hadn't...run the case against me you would be safe...wait and watch..."

" Lunatic.." I curse under my breath before throwing the card and box in the dustbin before resuming to work.

___________________________________________
Morning

I was sipping on the coffee currently sitting with Samuel.

" I'll go distract Sam!" He says making me roll my eyes.

" You don't have to Samuel, we need to distract Vivian so that Kabir can successfully complete the plan." I say and he pouts.