Chapter 12 - Don't go BREAK-IN my heart

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God! Kimiko! Are you okay? Are you hurt? What about Peanut? Please tell me my grandsons okay! Did you call the police? I'm coming over!" My mom began to panic as I could hear her grabbing her car keys from the other end of the phone. So much for remaining calm.

"Is that my Kimi-Boo? Hi sweetheart!" I heard my dad call through the phone. I knew he was currently in Shanghai so mother must have successfully connected him to the call half way through the conversation.

"She's been burgled! Oh tell me they didn't take Peanut?!" My mom cried, clearly hysterical at this point.

"Mom its-"

"Burgled?! What's happened to our little girl? I told you she shouldn't have moved out, it was too soon! Are you hurt?!" My dad howled sounding terrified.

"Mom, dad, I'm okay. Peanut's okay. Nothing was taken, but mom I'd really like you to be here." I mumble the last part feeling a little embarrassed at how childish I sounded.

"Of course sweetheart! I'll be there in half an hour and Kiko I'll video call you once I'm there! Keep the doors locked until I get there!" Mom practically shouted at me before hanging up without a goodbye.
Well ... that went as well as could be expected.

"At least someone is calm" I say looking at Peanut who was happily munching on a walnut.

Following a tense 30 minutes the silence was broken by the screech of tires and shouts of "Don't worry Peanut grandmas coming!"
I felt myself deadpan. Nice to know she has her priorities straight.
I opened my door before my mom could bust it down and nearly fell to the ground as I was bear hugged by my mother.

"Umm ... hi" I say awkwardly patting her back as she sobbed into my neck.

"Oh there he is!" She shouts, pulling away and cradling Peanut in her arms like a new born.

"Shhh it's okay granny's here. You must have been terrified, you poor thing!" She sobs as Peanut nuzzles his head into her arms affectionately.
"It's an avocadooo...thanks" he chirped happily having gain my mom's attention.

"Told you he was okay mom!" I smile watching the two cuddle. I swear she loves him more than me.

"The apartment looks the same what made you think someone broke in? Wait hold that thought! I'll call your father he is probably trying to book a flight back to Japan as we speak." My mom gushed pulling out her phone, still cradling Peanut lovingly. I love my parents so much, but I can clearly see that my over-thinking predisposition is genetic. My dad answered the video call within seconds, his face far too close to the camera as his eyes dart around the screen expecting to see a travesty but instead was met with myself, mom and Peanut seemingly fine.

"Hi daddy!" I grin trying to make him calm down.

"Kimi-boo are you okay? Has the house been ransacked? Did you have to defend yourself against a group of troublesome juveniles?!" He panicked, all the while my mom was softly cooing to Peanut and rocking him to sleep. Jeez my family are strange.

"I'm fine, really! I smelt smoke when I came home last night. I didn't find anyone in the apartment. But the window was open and this morning I noticed dried blood on Peanuts beak and on the floor in the living room." I say feeling much calmer in comparison to my nearly hyperventilating father. His cool businessman persona clearly forgotten.

"Did they hurt my baby boy?!" My mom exclaimed suddenly examining Peanut's beak, much to his annoyance.

"No mom, he's fine. But I think he must have pecked them or something." I say watching her visibly relax at my words.

"Oh such a brave boy! You saved mommy from the nasty robbers" she cooed at him.

"Well I'm not exactly sure if they were robbers. They didn't take anything. At least nothing that I've noticed?" I mumble, gazing around the room at my electronics.

"I'll call the police just in case. I see the blood is still there. Don't you worry sweetie, mommy will get this sorted!" She smiled stroking my cheek affectionately. I feel childish right now but I'm so thankful that my parents are as supportive as they are.

Following a few hours of the police showing up at my apartment, taking samples of the blood and asking me an excessive amount of questions, they left. My mother also left, though not before giving me a lecture about leaving my window open when I leave my home. However, she did seem less angry after finding out that I had started dating, having spent years trying to help me move on from "that Todoroki boy" previously known as "Touya dear" before his vanishing act.

Once they were gone, my home seemed eerily quiet, including a sleepy Peanut who was pretty tired having been played with by my mother for hours. 'Finally, my normal weekend can begin' I thought as I made instant ramen and grabbed my boxset of Deathnote.

Author Note
Hey lovely readers! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. I've made a commitment to post once a week so you can now expect story updates every Friday/Saturday! I was also thinking of adding in a Halloween/Christmas special not connected to the main story line, let me know if this is something you'd like to see! Xoxo