Chapter 19

Chat noir's POV

"It's Gabriel Agreste." I heard the ladybug themed hero say. It really didn't affect me because she had her theories to why it could be my father.

I sighed, "Remember that you had the same theory and you were proven wrong."

"Yes, I vividly remember but I have proof this time." She said confidently looking into my emerald eyes.

I arched my eyebrows before asking, "What do you mean proof?"

She bit her lower lip, "Well..."

"Well..." I said urging her to continue.

"I kinda gave Marinette the mouse miraculous so that she could snoop around his house." Ladybug said as I gave her a questioning look.

"Firstly, why did you ask her to snoop around his house. Why would you do that? Since when did we turn to criminals." I said raising my voice a little as I got up from my sitting position.

She looked very confused at my sudden behavior, "Why are you overreacting?"

"Overreacting? Overreacting? I'm not overreacting, but why are you telling a civilian to snoop around someone's home?"

Ladybug got up at this point and placed her hand on my shoulder, "But chat noir I..."

"And why would you give Marinette the miraculous?! I thought we agreed we wouldn't given her the miraculous again?!" I yelled as I felt my veins bulge.

"Why should I have to ask you before I give anyone a miraculous?!" Ladybug yelled back, placing her hands on her hips.

"Who are you to make a decision affecting the both of us?!"

"Who am I?! Who am I?!" Ladybug scoffed, "I'm the guardian of the miraculous! I'm the leader! I'm the important one! And I am the holder of the most powerful miraculous! You are my partner, the sidekick and you take orders from me!"

I felt a part of me break in half as the words came out of her mouth. Her glare softened when she realized what she said...but it was too late.

"Chat noir, I..." I raised up my hand to keep her quiet.

"I guess I should have realized it sooner, I'm not important to you in anyway." I leapt off the French monument with my baton as I heard Ladybug call to me.

I felt a surge of emotions flow through me as I reflected on her words. It was like a part of me was gone. All her rejections didn't hurt me as much as the words that escaped her lips today. I felt hot tears flow down my cheeks as I hopped from building to building aimlessly. How could she give Marinette the miraculous? She's endangering Marinette by giving her that miraculous. If Hawkmoth gets his hands on it...

Hawkmoth? How can Hawkmoth be my dad? No. I refuse to let the thought into my head. I saw him get akumatized, Hawkmoth isn't dumb enough to akumatize himself.

"Chat noir! Wait!" I heard a feminine voice say. A feminine voice I used to adore hearing but now, I feel nothing at the sound of her voice. "Please! Listen to me! You might get akumatized!"

This time I landed on the roof and looked at the moon hanging above me. It was a full moon and it looked so shiny. "Chat noir, I'm sorry about what I said. I shouldn't have..."

"Have you noticed how the moon behaves?" I ask, trying to ignore her statement and the negative emotions I'm feeling.

"Chat noir..."

"It goes around the earth only exposing few parts of it everyday, until one day it shows it's full surface. That's what I think of you Ladybug." When she processes everything I just said, her heart seemed broken, "You exposed your true self today. Thank you for doing that."