Chapter 14

Third Person's POV

Marinette tossed and turned on her bed. She really didn't sleep well, all she could think about was Hawkmoth, Gabriel and Adrien. "Marinette." She heard her kwami of creation squeak. The ravenette slowly opened her eyes, allowing the sun's rays to completely wake her up.  "Are you okay?" Tikki asked in a concerned voice.

The little kwami knew that the information they found out about was a lot to take in. She felt bad for the young teenager but what could she do? Marinette sat up and exhaled. That's when she realised she had school today! "Oh my gosh, I'm going to be late!" She jumped out of bed and ran into her bathroom.

"But Marinette..." Tikki squeaked as her owner dashed out of the bathroom with a towel around her body. "It's 6:58am."

"Really?" Marinette asked. She shrugged and put on her clothes as her mind wandered.

Will you go through this even if it breaks up your friendship with Adrien? Tikki's squeaky voice rang in her ears as Marinette picked up her bag from the ground. She opened her purse for the kwami to fly in and she walked out of her room.

"Good morning mama and papa." Marinette said with a forced smile.

"Marinette? You're up early. Is there anything special happening today?"  Tom asked his daughter.

"No, I just didn't sleep very well." Marinette replied as she poured cereal into a bowl. "Mom, Dad, if you were trying to do something that you know will benefit everyone around you but will hurt one person who you truly care about, would you still do it?"

Her parents looked at their daughter quizzically as they tried to process what she just said. "It's like," Sabine said with a small smile as her daughter ate her cereal, "you're serving a hundred guests at an event and 99 people love macaroons but only one person doesn't like it. Personally, I'll just make something that everybody would enjoy."

If only it were that simple...Marinette thought to herself.

"The only advice I can give you is that sometimes we have to do what's right even if it seems wrong, we all have our individual responsibilities. Is there something wrong, Marinette?" Tom asked sincerely as his large hand laid on Marinette's shoulder.

"No, everything is fine." She said reassuringly as she dropped her bowl on the sink. "I better head to school."

As Marinette walked out the door, Tikki whispered, "Everything will be okay Marinette." Marinette nodded with a forced smile.

"Tom," Sabine said as she sat on the couch, "our daughter has been talking to imaginary people."

"What do you mean, honey?" Tom queried as he sat by his wife.

"I've seen her talking to her...purse." She whispered as though someone else might hear her.

"Maybe she happens to be talking to herself and looking at her purse."

"But do you think her classmates like her?"

"Why wouldn't they like Marinette, everyone loves Marinette!" Tom said as he flailed his large arms around."We know she has lots of friends, there's Adrien, Alya, those kids from the band, that kid that creates video games and so on. Marinette is perfectly fine."

Sabine smiled at her husband as she hugged him.

The ravenette walked to school, Tikki's words still in her head. Would I give up on my friendship with Adrien? What if he hates Me...Ladybug for taking him away from his father? First it was his mother who disappeared and it ached him dearly and now...now I'm about to take his father away?