Piercing Silence

Natsu's POV

When my mom pulled out her gun and cocked it, everyone watched her storm off towards dad's office. Everyone just sat in silence, waiting, the silence still consumed us until we heard to gunshot. Seconds later we heard my parents screaming at each other. I looked over at Lucy who had jumped or her skin upon hearing the gunshot. She forced herself to focus on the pervious topic and shakily write notes. I quietly moved over to her side and stood next to her. Everyone in the room was listening to my mother curse out my father.

The vail of silence had lifted when Gajeel started talking, "Gray and Juvia are going to be back tomorrow morning, they just texted me."

"It is really late, we should probably go to sleep." Levy suggested and the rest of us nodded and drifted off. Lucy stayed where she was while everyone wandered off the guest rooms. I could hear the scribbling of her pen on the paper. Plue laid under her feet while Happy sat next to her. I didn't realize how long I'd been staring at her until I heard her voice call out to me, "Natsu?"

"Yeah?" I snapped out my blank thoughts and looked her in the eye. Her face scrunched into a concerned look. She lightly patted the spot next to her and I followed to command. I laid my head on her shoulder and played with my fingers nervously, "I'm sorry we didn't tell you. Levy said you'd be pretty weirded out and probably try to leave if we did. You seemed so different from all the other girls I've gone out with, and-" I was interrupted by Lucy's gentle laugh,

"You know, I may seem different, but I could a complete psychopath."

"You're not... right?"

"No!" She smiled and laughed brighter than the sun could ever shine. It made me smile too. I looked down at her notes and saw Lucy's neat handwriting. I kept my head on her shoulder as I looked around the room. The heavy feeling of guilt still weighing on me. I let out a heavy sigh which made Lucy shift a little,

"You okay??"

"I just feel bad for hiding this from you. You shared your past and I lied."

"You never really lied, you just never shared. It actually never occurred to me until just now." I listened to her voice echo around the room. I thought about what she said...

"You're such an angel." I pulled her closer and pushed my nose into her neck making her giggle. She dropped her pen and started laughing from the tickle of my breath on her neck. I pulled her onto my lap and began to tickle her lightly. She laughed and giggled, trying to pull herself away. While she writhed underneath my touch I could see tears rolling down her face. In a panic, I stopped,

"Wait, why are you crying?" She looked at me with a puppy like confusion and then lightly touched her face, feeling the warm watery tears that stained her face.

"I guess I am." She laughed at little and wiped them off.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes! I was happy. They were tears of joy." Lucy let her body go limp while on top of mine. She hummed happily and let me play with her long silky hair. Her soft tune filled my ears, it sounded similar to the song she played on the piano a week ago, but it was more happy and cheerful.

I closed my eyes and absentmindedly smiled before Wendy came in breathing heavily. Lucy heard the door swing open and slam against the wall. She shot up and turned to Wendy in a panic. I followed suit in her worried look, "What's wrong Wendy?"

"It's mom and dad. They're in the backyard and they have each other at gun point." Both of us calmed down a little.

"Wendy, we thought something we seriously wrong." Lucy held a hand to her heart and loosely grabbed onto my forearm with her other hand. Wendy was completely dumbfounded, "WHAT!"