Lycoris Radiata

Disclaimer: Full Credit to the Artist, it really touched me.

Lucy's POV

I woke up to a sunset-colored room and warm arms embracing me. From the fog of my waking, it didn't register that Natsu had his arms wrapped around me. His neck was tangled in my hair while our legs intertwined. I saw Plue on the floor, right beside me. I giggled to myself and slowly moved out of Natsu's grasp. It was way harder than it looks. His touch was strong and assertive, but still soft and comforting. I sat up and lightly brushed the hair away from his face while smiling softly. I could tell it was almost nighttime because there was an orange glow coming from the windows.

I made my way to my bags that I found on the foot of the bed and picked out a dress levy knew I loved wearing at dinner parties with my family back before my mom passed. She died when I was around 15, I hadn't;t grown much since then, and I still remember that day like it just happened. She'd gotten very sick very suddenly and it took her too fast. I went into her room hours before she'd passed and she told me, "Live. Wherever you must go, just live. Smile and be happy, my darling." I don't think abuse and stress-filled days were what she had in my mind for my future, but when she died my father snapped. He showed his hidden, but true, colors.

I grabbed some necessities and tip-toed over to the bathroom, changing. I also showered because I smelt awful and didn't want to expose the Dragneel Family to that.

 I also showered because I smelt awful and didn't want to expose the Dragneel Family to that

When I opened the door I saw Natsu sitting on the bed, looking at his phone. He looked up at me and blushed a little, "What?" I smiled while questioning him.

"N-nothing..." He mumbled something under his breath and I couldn't hear it. I rolled my eyes and went to leave the room but Natsu called out for me. When I turned I saw his arm frozen in place, as if he was about to touch me then stopped himself. At least he knows I have boundaries, I'm not saying he respects them all of the time, but every once in a while is good. Natsu explained that his mom had come to wake him up hours ago, saying they were eating dinner, but he didn't wake me.

"So, we can basically have anything we want!" Natsu beamed in a huge toothy grin. I followed him towards the kitchen and passed a common area where Grandeeney, Levy, and Wendy were playing cards. I went in said hello to everyone. Levy came rushing up and asking me if Natsu did anything to me, then Grandeeney and Wendy joined in on the interrogation,

"No..." I said confused. They all nodded and then Levy said she was going to get ice cream and Wendy wanted to come. Natsu had come in to ask if his mom wanted anything, she said no. While everyone was talking and moving around I stared down at the piano. I haven't played since my mom died. She's the one who got me into it. As I grew older I realized how much pain she was in just by listening to her play.

"Do you know how to play?" Wendy chimed while licking her ice cream from its spoon. I nodded in a dazed trance.

"Nobodies played that in years..." Grandeeney trailed off in thought.