Chapter 15

Alec froze, how did Victor know Jonathan was abusing him? Alec had thought he had been so careful. Despite the pain Victor had caused Alec in the past, he was afraid for Victor's safety so he tried to lie. "Jonathan isn't hitting me, he is a wonderful boyfriend and would never do that". 

Victor put his hand on Alec's arm comfortingly, "You don't have to defend Jonathan, if he really is hurting you I will protect you". 

Alec looked away unable to meet Victor's eyes, "I'm not defending him I'm telling the truth". 

"Alec I know you well enough to tell when you are lying. Please be honest with me, I'm scared for you". 

Tears threatened to fall from Alec's eyes, Victor was right Alec couldn't get away with lying. "Yes he is hitting me, he's also been... raping me". 

"I'm going to kill that bastard!" Victor said angrily. 

"No don't Jonathan is too dangerous".

Victor sighed, he knew Jonathan was so dangerous but he was furious. He knew he was guilty of hurting Alec too, but he had never hit Alec and he couldn't imagine anyone wanting to. Alec was the kindest boyfriend he had been with. Alec was always putting Victor before himself. Though he wanted to avenge Alec, the priority was getting him away from Jonathan. Victor had another house, he had gained a lot of money from stealing Alec's things. 

Victor would always feel terrible for stealing from Alec, but now he could try to repent. Jonathan didn't know about his other house. If he could get him out of his house they were currently in before Jonathan got back, he could save Alec. "You're right, we need to leave now. I don't know when Jonathan is coming back. I have somewhere safe for you to stay. I know you haven't forgiven me yet, but do you trust me enough to save you?"

Alec wasn't sure if he did, a part of him was afraid Victor was playing him. But he was his only chance of escape so he agreed to go with Victor. Victor grabbed a go bag, he always had one in case the police realized he was the thief and they rushed out the door. Alec had nearly made it in Victor's car but Jonathan suddenly grabbed him from behind and threw Alec to the ground. 

"Victor I trusted you! How could you betray me like this?" Jonathan yelled. 

"I trusted you too, but then I found out you're abusing Alec!" 

Alec scrambled to his feet and Victor pulled Alec behind him before Jonathan could grab Alec. "Victor you should give me up to Jonathan, he wants me he will let you go if you do".  

"I won't fail you again Alec. When I tell you, run to the car and drive away". 

"I can't leave you with him". 

"Please, I need to do this to make up for what I did to you". 

Alec was about to protest but Jonathan interrupted, "Don't you dare do what he says Alec, I will make you suffer if you run". 

"Alec run now!" Victor said, he gave Alec his car keys and he tackled Jonathan to the ground. 

Alec didn't want to leave Victor he tried to help Victor but Victor shoved him away and told him to run again. Alec knew Victor wouldn't let him help after that, so Alec reluctantly ran to the car and drove away. Alec looked behind him and his heart dropped when he saw Jonathan following him in his own car. Alec was frightened for Victor, he would never forgive himself if Jonathan had killed him. 

Victor had given Alec his address on the way out, it was closer than Magnus' apartment. It was only half an hour away while Victor had said Magnus' apartment was 2 hours away as Alec didn't know where they were. Victor had moved house a year after Alec broke up with him. Alec had to lose Jonathan and lead him away from Victor's second house before going there or it wouldn't be a safe location.