Chapter 10

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter :) 

Simon was concerned when he opened the door and Jace stormed into his apartment. "Jace-"

"You knew Clary's my sister!"

Simon froze, "Valentine told you?"

"No I overheard him talking to someone on the phone, Alec knows too how could you both keep this from me?"

"Valentine said he wanted to tell you himself I thought he was going to tell you".

"Well he didn't, you're my fiancé you're not supposed to keep secrets from me".

Simon tried to take Jace's hand but he pushed him away, "Jace please I didn't want to hurt you, I wanted to protect you-"

"How is this protecting me?"

"Things were going so well with Valentine I didn't want to take that from you by taking his chance to explain. I know what it's like to loose a father I didn't want you to loose yours when you just found him".

"You don't know what it's like you never even knew your father!" Jace's eyes widened when he realized what he said and Simon felt terrible pain pierce his heart at those words. It had taken Simon a long time to trust Jace after what he went through with Raphael and even longer to confide in him about his father abandoning him when he was a baby. It hurt so much that Jace could be cruel abut it now. "Simon I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that". Jace said as he tried to cup Simon's face with his hand but he moved away.

"I understand that you're upset with me but that was too far-"

"I know I'm so sorry".

"Please leave".

"Simon-"

"Please", Simon said his voice breaking. When Jace left Simon curled up in his bed and let his tears fall.

Jace was so angry with himself for messing things up with Simon again, he wished he hadn't let his temper get the better of him but he always had trouble with controlling his anger. Which is why he knew it was a terrible idea to confront Alec but he had to get his anger out so when he saw Alec enter the living room when he got home he punched him causing him to cry out in pain, Alec knew how hard it had been for him to loose his family he couldn't believe he kept his sister a secret from him.

"What are you-" Alec was cut off when Jace punched him again and grabbed his arms roughly.

"I don't blame Izzy for being angry with you you're a terrible brother!"

Alec gaped in shock and hurt but Jace spoke before he could, "I know Clary's my sister, how could you keep that from me, from her? We both deserve to know!" Alec knew Jace would be angry but he never thought he would hurt him like this.

"Jace please stop this I was trying to protect-", Alec managed to get out but was cut off when Jace angrily threw him to the ground

"Don't bother trying that Simon already has!" Jace shouted and ran out of the apartment.

Alec curled into himself and shakily called Magnus. "Mags please come to my apartment".

Magnus could hear the pain in Alec's voice and it really concerned him, had Jonathan got to him? That thought made him terrified, "Alec, Alec! What's going on?"

"Jace he... He hurt me Mags please come".

Magnus' hands balled into fists at the thought of Jace hurting Alec, "I'm coming hang in there". Magnus ran all the way to Alec's apartment and hugged Alec tightly the moment he let him in, blood from Alec's nose was getting on his jacket but Magnus didn't care all he cared about was Alec. Magnus tightened his grip when he realized Alec was sobbing. Magnus sat down on the sofa and pulled Alec onto his lap allowing Alec to cuddle into him.